Around the NHL: Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Isles with their typical *****ey win tonight. They’re winning the fn cup, aren’t they?

LOL...there ya go again. NO they aint winning the Cup. They'll be lucky to win a round in the playoffs.

I'll tell you who is winning the Cup tho....the Lightning. Yup Tampa is going to win it this year after everybody and their mother thought they'd win it last year after their ridiculous regular season as I believe they'll beat the Avalanche in 7 awesome exciting games.

So f*** the Islanders...lol

Last edited:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Watching the Avs play the Sens is like watching the Russian Red Army team playing a bunch of high schoolers.

LOL...so true. Colorado is loaded with talent it's not even fair. Sakic did a tremendous job this past off season bringing in the Burakovsky's, Kadri's, Graves, Nichuskin's and Bellamar's of the world to give them bigtime depth to go with their studs.

And now that Grubauer has found his stride as he's playing now like he did during the 2nd half of last season when he stole the gig from Varlamov, I don't see any team beating them out West and yes that includes the Blues.

Imagine if they get Kreider as well which from everything I've read and heard, they will be in the mix to get him? My lord they would be almost untouchable and I'd have to revise my prediction that the Lightning will be beating them in the Cup final and instead I'd have to take Colorado to beat Tampa than if they got Kreider.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
4 points for Leon Drai. No McDavid tonight, but some people will still say claim that he's a product of playing with McDavid.

he gets some of the cheapest points though lol. I've never seen him make a spectacular play, he just always manages to be around when a goal is scored though. He'll throw a softie on net, then there will be a scramble and someone will put it in and he gets the apple haha. Meanwhile Panarin is setting guys up with cross-rink passes and they flub it. Sigh....

Reactions: Inferno

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yup, and there is another, more gruesome looking one. If that makes you squeamish, don't look at this

2 playrs hit in the face with a skate blade, Bouwmeester collapsing on the bench, Winnipeg honoring 2 wife-beaters. What the hell was going on in the NHL last night?

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Bouwmeester had a cardiac arrest and had to be defibrillated back to life. That's absolutely crazy that he was apparently awake and alert after all of that. He's very lucky.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Bouwmeester had a cardiac arrest and had to be defibrillated back to life. That's absolutely crazy that he was apparently awake and alert after all of that. He's very lucky.

f*** dude. that's. wow. I'm so glad he's alright. as soon as I read "he skated his shift, came back to the bench and collapsed", I was immediately reminded of Cherry. very happy JayBo didn't suffer the same fate.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
If I'm Jaybo I'm hanging them up after that. He's got a championship and has had a hell of a career.

**** dude. that's. wow. I'm so glad he's alright. as soon as I read "he skated his shift, came back to the bench and collapsed", I was immediately reminded of Cherry. very happy JayBo didn't suffer the same fate.
If only that arena in Russia had the same equipment he could still be here. Very sad.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
not much new info but here is the blues press conference on j-bo...starts 2:15 into the video

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
He likely won't be allowed to play again.

Hope for a full recovery and this is also probably for the best. He had a full career, and was once regarded as the best skater in the NHL and he really really was. Silky smooth. He was a monster on the ice, the full package.

Was great to see him get his cup last season. Remember him being one of those guys that never played in the playoffs cause the Panthers were bad and went to Calgary and never made it. 10 seasons in the NHL before getting into a playoff game. Had a long iron man streak too.

A full recovery lets him live his life with his family away from hockey, which he's earned and then some.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Seeing the jersey retirement ceremony for the Sedins, Henrik's is coming sooner rather than later.

Reactions: TheBloodyNine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia