Around the NHL: Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Jon Ledyard✔@LedyardNFLDraft
Penguins who won't be unrestricted free agents until at least the 2022 offseason

Sidney Crosby
Evgeni Malkin
Jake Guentzel
Jason Zucker
Bryan Rust
Jared McCann
Patric Hornqvist
Brandon Tanev
Dominik Kahun

Kris Letang
John Marino
Brian Dumoulin
Marcus Pettersson

there is the window

Reactions: NYR94 and Maximus

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Nashville's window is officially closed. They're completely awful.

Josi is having an amazing season and so is Ellis. But all their forwards are underperforming, Rinne is TOAST and Saros ain't the answer. I feel like they need a big shakeup. Gonna be hard to move some of those contracts though.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Poile hiring Voldemort seemed like a weird move with how little Voldemort has shown as a head coach and the recent tire fire and lack of structure in New Jersey. Being well liked got him further than his track record should have.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Jon Ledyard✔@LedyardNFLDraft
Penguins who won't be unrestricted free agents until at least the 2022 offseason

Sidney Crosby
Evgeni Malkin
Jake Guentzel
Jason Zucker
Bryan Rust
Jared McCann
Patric Hornqvist
Brandon Tanev
Dominik Kahun

Kris Letang
John Marino
Brian Dumoulin
Marcus Pettersson

there is the window

Totally agree and hence the deal today for Zucker and trading futures. As I said in my post earlier on the subject, if you figure Malkin and Crosby have 3 years left each of elite performance, bringing in Zucker to fill a top 6 role makes perfect sense and is well worth the gamble for them.

I've watched Zucker a ton over the past few years due to my owning him in fantasy the past few years, there is no question in my mind he'll flourish there as in point per game type the rest of the way, playing very likely on their top PP unit and with either Malkin or Crosby.

We shalt see soon enough.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
Its the last kick of the can for the Crosby Malkin era Pens. They know they are going to be bad in a few years, and a late 1. and Addison wont change that.

This aspect also baffles me a bit about STL fans. Their team is reigning champs, haven't lost any core from that team, and are still gun shy about trading their 1. (a very late one) or some of their better prospects. Most teams has a 2-3 year window they look very good before falling back (unless you have Malkin/Crosby or Kane/Keith), but still are afraid to trade something that the odds say are most likely an average player 4 years away from making an impact.

Might be just that I'm biased about how fast NYR turned things around after the letter.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Rutherford is assuming that 1st is going to be at worst 28th - 31st in June. Couple that with what Addison has done to pump his value after being drafted and you're looking at something roughly equivalent to what St Louis paid for Schenn in 2017. The Wild will need to really turn that 1st into significant value to make it a huge win for them, IMO. It's a pretty fair trade for both teams.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
We really shouldn't assign value based on draft position once the draft is over. By this logic, Lundqvist is worth onl a 7th rounder and Panarin should be put on waivers

to be fair right now with 50% retention, lundqvist might not return much more than that.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Lundqvist at 50 percent could probably net you a third, maybe a second.

Remember, he doesn't have to "carry" his team to the cup --- he needs to be an upgrade over what they have and a part of the solution.

We've seen in the past that a better team can win with an above average goalie. Lundqvist more or less could fit that design on a few teams.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Pens have to make every move to try and win another cup with these guys. Why not at this point. They've got quite a bit of a grace period lined up after Crosby/Malkin/Letang move on to rebuild.

On top of that, if they are smart, they could cash in on Malkin as soon as the end of next season. If it doesn't work out over the next two years, moving Malkin and getting back pieces in return could do wonders for their future.

They'll never move Crosby, so cashing in on Malkin is probably paramount. If they do decide to move Crosby, that cap hit is still a steal of a deal. Can't see it happening, even at the very end. He'll probably stay on that team his whole career.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Big injuries in the West. McDavid out 2-3 weeks, Kadri out weeks for the Avs also.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Cizikas looks like he just took a skate blade to the knee/thigh.

Had to be helped off the ice with no weight on the leg. Hopefully it's not as serious as it looked.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Cizikas looks like he just took a skate blade to the knee/thigh.

Had to be helped off the ice with no weight on the leg. Hopefully it's not as serious as it looked.
Yeeesh the thought of being sliced by a skate /razor blade make me quiver. I know that’s a normal reaction but being sliced by like a knife or whatever doesn’t give me the same feeling.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Yeeesh the thought of being sliced by a skate /razor blade make me quiver. I know that’s a normal reaction but being sliced by like a knife or whatever doesn’t give me the same feeling.

Yup, and there is another, more gruesome looking one. If that makes you squeamish, don't look at this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad