Around the NHL: Part XVII - Season’s Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
4 goals for Pasta. I don't remember 4 goal games happening this often in the past.

The puck is juiced lol
Boston is just looking scary right now. Toronto fans can't be too happy. They are better off facing up against Tampa IMO

Reactions: Maximus

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
But if this isn’t typical Rangers luck I don’t know what is. Devils will get their first win against us on Thursday and Hughes will get his first point.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
doubt he signs now. There will be bigger money on the free market no matter what come the 11th hour. He gone by TDL.

Hope not. I hope the devils are dumb enough to think he'll stay and then he leaves as a free agent.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Hope not. I hope the devils are dumb enough to think he'll stay and then he leaves as a free agent.

I don't think Shero is stupid enough to do that after what happened with Snakevares. I'm not even sure if Shero necessarily wants to re-sign him at $11.25M for 7 years. Some of it may just be posturing for the fans so the Devils can appear to be "competitive" and trying to re-sign Hall.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The Devils probably aren’t as bad as they have played thus far, but I always found it amusing that their fanbase assumed the acquisitions that were made in the off-season were earth shattering.

Like Gusev is as unproven as it gets, Subban isn’t anywhere close to being the Norris trophy winner anymore, and Simmonds will be out of the league in a year

Obviously Hughes is going to be great, but there was always going to a learning curve.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Devils were up by two when I turned it on lol. You just know Hughes is going to score his 1st on Thursday

Reactions: Berserk

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Yeah I came here to say what everyone is saying. Devils will definitely get their 1st win against us and Hughes is going to have a 5 point night.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Yeah I came here to say what everyone is saying. Devils will definitely get their 1st win against us and Hughes is going to have a 5 point night.

with the Rangers luck Rangers will lead 3-1 going into the 3rd period, and Hughes gets natural hat trick and game winner in the 3rd..

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
I don't think Shero is stupid enough to do that after what happened with Snakevares. I'm not even sure if Shero necessarily wants to re-sign him at $11.25M for 7 years. Some of it may just be posturing for the fans so the Devils can appear to be "competitive" and trying to re-sign Hall.

Hall would look good playing for the Avs in the playoffs this spring. :naughty:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Devils are bad. Subban is far from the guy he used to be. Maybe at this point in his career one of the most overrated guys around.

Gusev isn’t very good. We’ve talked about the KHl all day so no surprise there.

Hughes is Kristy Yamaguchi tiny. This will be tough sledding for him for a while.

halls leaving and Schneider is awful.

on another note. That Zucc contract looks like a disaster already. He’s pointless and now he’s out for the next 3 games at least with a lower body injury. I wouldn’t be shocked if it was the groin again that was such an issue last season. 6 years for a guy who’s going to be 33 this season? Eeeesh

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Devils are bad. Subban is far from the guy he used to be. Maybe at this point in his career one of the most overrated guys around.

Gusev isn’t very good. We’ve talked about the KHl all day so no surprise there.

Hughes is Kristy Yamaguchi tiny. This will be tough sledding for him for a while.

halls leaving and Schneider is awful.

on another note. That Zucc contract looks like a disaster already. He’s pointless and now he’s out for the next 3 games at least with a lower body injury. I wouldn’t be shocked if it was the groin again that was such an issue last season. 6 years for a guy who’s going to be 33 this season? Eeeesh

The damage Fenton did in such a short time...he's like Chiarelli on speed. Minnesota was in the same situation the Rangers were in where they had to make the decision to tear it down and rebuild but they chose to try and keep pushing for the playoffs. In a division with the defending Stanley Cup champs, Avalanche, Predators and even the Jets. Good luck with that.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I've said it before and I'll say it again...the Avalanche will at very worst be playing in the WCF if not the Cup Finals.

They have built that team thru the draft and with some savvy trades for guys like Kadri and Grubauer and they are all ready set to go. They are young, fast, skilled and have just enough necessary grit with guys like Zadorov around to make sure no one is going to be taking any runs at MacKinnon, Rantaanan, Makar...etc etc.

Joe Sakic was a HOF player...one of the best players I've ever seen. Well he's turned out to be a hell of a GM kind of like Stevie Y has turned out to be as a GM as both of them seemingly have the golden touch and everything they touch turns to gold.

Sakic has the Avalanche playing at a level, I'd hope our Rangers will eventually be two years from now....young, exciting and dangerous everytime we have possession of the puck. Very easy team to root for no doubt.

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I've said it before and I'll say it again...the Avalanche will at very worst be playing in the WCF if not the Cup Finals.

They have built that team thru the draft and with some savvy trades for guys like Kadri and Grubauer and they are all ready set to go. They are young, fast, skilled and have just enough necessary grit with guys like Zadorov around to make sure no one is going to be taking any runs at MacKinnon, Rantaanan, Makar...etc etc.

Joe Sakic was a HOF player...one of the best players I've ever seen. Well he's turned out to be a hell of a GM kind of like Stevie Y has turned out to be as a GM as both of them seemingly have the golden touch and everything they touch turns to gold.

Sakic has the Avalanche playing at a level, I'd hope our Rangers will eventually be two years from now....young, exciting and dangerous everytime we have possession of the puck. Very easy team to root for no doubt.
The Avalanche were absolutely excruciating a few years ago so there's something to hang your hat on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad