Around the NHL: Part XVII - Season’s Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Ya he looks like he really focused on rounding out his game. He looks back to that rookie level of dangerousness. Always thought the premature Laine denouncing was utterly ridiculous. He’s probably gonna be the league’s next great goal scorer.

Yeah it was laugh out loud funny listening to supposed "experts" state last year that Laine was overhyped and that he was more a 30 goal guy than a 40-50 goal guy which is what his skill states he will be.

The guy had a bad year...it happens. Laine is simply an assassin when shooting the puck and he's showed at least to me he has to have some real nice playmaking skills this year. I can easily see him ending up having a 40-40 type of season which will shut up all his critics.

I truly think he could be the next guy to threaten the 60 goal mark...he's still only 21....crazy.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Looks like the Rangers clearly won the off season.

Panarin looks like the GOAT
Trouba has been incredible
Fox has been very impressive
Kakko looks like a 8 year vet

A lot of bad deals this off season.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Minnesota and Dallas combine for 2 wins in 12 games. Zuccarello 0-0-0 for MIN and now injured, a player they should have never signed. Pavelski 0-1-1 in 7GP for the Stars when they could have had Zuccarello who was point per game for Dallas. Deny us our unprotected first, the lord will deny you salvation.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I've said it before and I'll say it again...the Avalanche will at very worst be playing in the WCF if not the Cup Finals.

They have built that team thru the draft and with some savvy trades for guys like Kadri and Grubauer and they are all ready set to go. They are young, fast, skilled and have just enough necessary grit with guys like Zadorov around to make sure no one is going to be taking any runs at MacKinnon, Rantaanan, Makar...etc etc.

Joe Sakic was a HOF player...one of the best players I've ever seen. Well he's turned out to be a hell of a GM kind of like Stevie Y has turned out to be as a GM as both of them seemingly have the golden touch and everything they touch turns to gold.

Sakic has the Avalanche playing at a level, I'd hope our Rangers will eventually be two years from now....young, exciting and dangerous everytime we have possession of the puck. Very easy team to root for no doubt.

Gorton did sign Chara and was responsible for.the cup in 2011 in my opinion. We're in good hands. Drafted Lucic, Kessell Marchand in 06.

Reactions: egelband

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Minnesota and Dallas combine for 2 wins in 12 games. Zuccarello 0-0-0 for MIN and now injured, a player they should have never signed. Pavelski 0-1-1 in 7GP for the Stars when they could have had Zuccarello who was point per game for Dallas. Deny us our unprotected first, the lord will deny you salvation.

That's Dallas' weak drafting, especially at forward, coming back to bite them. They should have learned to stay away from the older free agents like Pavelski and Perry, but they were desperate to add offense. Perry isn't even playing yet he's on IR. We'll see how Thomas Harley turns out for Dallas but yeah I wish the Rangers ended up with that pick.

Also Braden Holtby 3 goals against on 3 shots wut

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
That's Dallas' weak drafting, especially at forward, coming back to bite them. They should have learned to stay away from the older free agents like Pavelski and Perry, but they were desperate to add offense. Perry isn't even playing yet he's on IR. We'll see how Thomas Harley turns out for Dallas but yeah I wish the Rangers ended up with that pick.

Also Braden Holtby 3 goals against on 3 shots wut
We would have received their pick in the 2020 draft.

Reactions: egelband and NYR94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad