Around the NHL: Part XVII - Season’s Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Prediction: Patrick Laine will score 50+ goals this year and win the Rocket Richard award this year. He's been phenomenal thus far.

One of the key strategies I utilize in my fantasy leagues is to key on players who the previous year played like **** whether due to injury or just simply under performed. Alot of my fellow competitors are gun shy about those types....not me.

3 years for example in my keeper league I stole Nathan MacKinnon after his crappy 53 point season. But you just knew he had such massive talent and eventually he would emerge which obviously has happened and I be a happy camper as I still own him for another 3 years.

Laine is a similar situation. He's only 21...he has massive talent and he's looking to make sure we all know last year was a fluke. So far so good as he's been en fuego....:nod:
Ya he looks like he really focused on rounding out his game. He looks back to that rookie level of dangerousness. Always thought the premature Laine denouncing was utterly ridiculous. He’s probably gonna be the league’s next great goal scorer.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Ya he looks like he really focused on rounding out his game. He looks back to that rookie level of dangerousness. Always thought the premature Laine denouncing was utterly ridiculous. He’s probably gonna be the league’s next great goal scorer.

I honestly cannot fathom that because a KID has one 'down' year, people actually wrote him off ...

He scored 50 as a teen. He's a great talent.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I just so often find things about them kind of random, like their overall jersey designs, having multiple Canadian patches, using the Atlanta Flames logo for their alternates but a regular "C" for the captain, having good players but always kind of sucking, having a smurf from New Jersey as their best player, etc. Maybe that's it, I'm not really sure. I don't mean that negatively at all, they're definitely a cool team.

This x 100000

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
4 goal against on only 17 shots against for Florida. Bad defense or has Bob sucked? Or both?

Remember the year when Lindberg and Zucc scored the tying and winning goal in the final 2 minutes of CBJ's season and home opener? It destroyed Bob's confidence and mentality for the whole year. He might have lost it already.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The ongoing question with Laine probably won't be about ability or talent, but whether he's a core player on a winning team, or a high-octane piece that potentially puts a team over the top if they already have their core established.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Hell, it's worked for Phil Kessel for a while.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
4-4 now. Didn't take too long for the Devils to lose another huge lead and Subban almost kills his goalie lol

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Man debbies tanking a bit earlier this year wouldn't you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad