Around the NHL: Part III – Oilers Fire Chiarelli [Update: Still Suck]

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
well we're gonna get less than that for Hayes... but rebuild
O’Reilly is better than Hayes, and the Sabres were supposed to be wrapping up the rebuild, the Rangers are still in the process. Maybe I’m underrated Tage Thompson, but a first and a good prospect for Hayes is probably a better return than O’Reilly’s. I mean the Sabres essentially just gave the Blues a #1C. The guy could finish top-3 in Hart voting.

Reactions: jas

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
O’Reilly is better than Hayes, and the Sabres were supposed to be wrapping up the rebuild, the Rangers are still in the process. Maybe I’m underrated Tage Thompson, but a first and a good prospect for Hayes is probably a better return than O’Reilly’s. I mean the Sabres essentially just gave the Blues a #1C. The guy could finish top-3 in Hart voting.
BuT hE wAs ThE pRoBlEm!

Reactions: TheTakedown

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
R'OR is better than Hayes, that's why Hayes will not get paid 10.5% of cap. It doesn't mean we should just giveaway a 2C for 'hopes'. 'Wrapping up the rebuild' , teams that trade away valuable assets like that will be in a 'forever' rebuild.

That's what ROR returned with term, Hayes will not get that.

You don't trade 26 year old improving top6 centers. It's asinine

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
R'OR is better than Hayes, that's why Hayes will not get paid 10.5% of cap. It doesn't mean we should just giveaway a 2C for 'hopes'.

if he wants to be here he can resign over the summer along with the hopes

Reactions: jas

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
R'OR is better than Hayes, that's why Hayes will not get paid 10.5% of cap. It doesn't mean we should just giveaway a 2C for 'hopes'. 'Wrapping up the rebuild' , teams that trade away valuable assets like that will be in a 'forever' rebuild.

I would not use the ROR trade as a benchmark for value though because it was a bad trade.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I mean value relative to the players.
It's not all about value for me. It's the unmitigated risk. We do not have a 2C of the future. We finally have a 1-2C combo; why are we so quick to give it up? Build around it.

I see Hayes as a valuable asset in the now and the future. He's a guy that can turn into that veteran presence.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It's not all about value for me. It's the unmitigated risk. We do not have a 2C of the future. We finally have a 1-2C combo; why are we so quick to give it up? Build around it.

I see Hayes as a valuable asset in the now and the future. He's a guy that can turn into that veteran presence.
There’s a risk in not trading him too, no?

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Evander Kane, Ryan O’Reilly, Taylor Hall... I’m always skeptical when a player has a reputation as a “cancer” or not a “leader.”
At least in Buffalo's case, it is a highly dysfunctional team and is going nowhere fast, no matter how many young guns and stars are on the team because it's managed terribly. Same with Edmonton. Hall has been great in NJ and Kane, to an extent, has been well liked in SJ. Poorly ran organizations seep to every position in them. Buffalo ran a Hart candidate and a very, very good player out.

but muh leaderships muh lockeroom

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Rangers current sit in 20th place, but are just 1 point out of 25th and 6 points out from 29th.

• Chicago Vs Detriot (3pt game Wings!)
  • Winnipeg Vs Colorado (Avs!)
If all goes well at the end of the night Rangers will be in 22nd.
gReAT 2 PoInTs LaSt NiGHt bTw tEaM CaNt eVeN TaNK PRoPerLy

effen

Feb 3, 2018

I think almost everyone would re-sign Hayes. It's the NMC he's going to command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad