Around the NHL - Part 3 - It's the Final(s) Countdown

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
That's the reaction on the Sharks board as well. I can't believe I'm defending Crosby, but I think he was the correct choice, if you're not giving it to the losing team's goalie.

If you look past the numbers, Crosby was visible on both sides of the puck nearly every shift. Kessel was very good, but just not the presence everywhere on the ice in the way that Crosby was.

Also, note that the Conn Smythe Trophy is awarded based on the entire playoff run, and not just the Finals.

I think beyond the numbers kessel was better too. He drove the puck to the net and applied insane pressure every game. Defensively sid was very good, but kessel kept the puck in the san jose end. I'd still put sid behind both kessel and malkin.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Ducks fans getting trolled hard by this news.

Bucci Mane ‏@Buccigross 5m5 minutes ago
I'm hearing candidates for the @AnaheimDucks head coaching job are being told Randy Carlyle will be the choice. Coached their 5+ years.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Bickell and Tevo to Carolina for a 2nd and 3rd

Surprised Canes gave that much. I dont see TT ever being more than a third line guy. He also isnt filling out at all, still a bean pole.

Well trading back with them may have gotten more difficult because their 2nd is gone now.

Edit: Didn't realize Bickell only has one year left.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad