Around the NHL - Part 3 - It's the Final(s) Countdown

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
It's not too often you get this many blow out Game 7's.

[Vietnam flashback to Yotes v Detroit 2010]

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Honestly I don't think I care who wins.
Blues: maybe my favorite, great organization, city just lost their football team, nobody on the team I can't stomach. No Cup.
Pens: Crosby deserves more than one. Feat for the eyes. Murray story is great and could make the offseason more interesting. Phil the Thrill.
TB: Sunbelt. Stamkos may be expendable? Young, fast and looks like the direction the NHL is going.
SJ: Thorton. No cup. They have been a hell of a franchise and they aren't the Kings.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'd mind Pittsburgh winning the most out of the final four, but still not very much. I'm mainly with Grimes on the general opinions of the remaining teams, but I'm a little resentful of Sid the Kid and the Pens won a cup the most recently of the remaining four (though the Bolts won just a few years before that).

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I hope the Sharks or Blues win as both have never won the cup. Finally reward their fans after decades of loyalty.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I guess I have to support San Jose to win it all since they are the only remaining team still below cap:
Penguins EOS Cap Total - 73.7 million
Lightning EOS Cap Total - 73.3 million
Blues EOS Cap Total - 73.0 million
Sharks EOS Cap Total - 71.1 million​

Coyotes EOS Cap Total - 60.7 million
I can't wait to see an additional 10 million or so added to next season's budget and what TippKa end up doing with it :yashin:

Last edited:

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
So are we going to be in on this Barrie situation?

Well if not getting Hamilton got DM fired I can only imagine missing out on Barrie should make ownership change the whole front office, right? Right...? right.....?

But in all seriousness what could get this done without destroying the farm. Is Barrie that much better than Yandle? Where does he sit in comparison to Shattenkirk (who may be cheaper because of cap issues). Is Barrie even the type of top RD we would want OEL paired with.

Honestly I'm still leaning towards grabbing a UFA and making a trade to a cap strapped team (loved that Niskanen idea) then giving away assets for someone who could wreck the budget in the near future.

OEL-Niskanen
Demers-Murphy
Connauten-Z/Stone

OEL just needs a border 1st/2nd pairing tweener rather than a true number two. He elevates the game of whoever he plays with (look at Murphy this year). One day our forwards are going to need new contracts and losing OEL because we can't afford him because we overpaid a Barrie/Shattenkirk would look really bad.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Kripes, Tampa Bay is in for some serious decision-making this offseason:

• UFA Stamkos (64 points)
  • RFA Kucherov (66 points regular, 12 points playoffs)
  • RFA Killorn (40 points regular season, 10 points in the playoffs)
  • RFA Namestnikov (35 points regular, 2 points playoffs)
  • NMC Filppula
  • NMC Callahan
  • Palat 1 more year
  • Johnson 1 more year
  • Drouin 1 more year (although his trade value has increased since he has stepped up in the playoffs)
Killorn and Namestnikov are kind of the odd men out, but do they try to keep them? Killorn should be expecting a decent raise and Namestnikov should probably shoot for what Killorn is making this season.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
They'll buyout Carle if they can't find a sucker and let Stamkos walk.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Tampa Bay and St. Louis up 1-0 in their respective series.

Meanwhile in Canada, baseball is getting more attention early on along with the Raptors now in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad