Around the NHL - Part 2 - Playoffs, PLAYOFFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014

Fayne's a right-shot defenseman. I haven't kept track of his performance this year but...?

Was wondering this myself. Has apparently been playing like a #7 this year and played like a #4 last year, but been playing some of EDM's hardest minutes and been a good possession player. Some fans seem to think if he's sheltered on the 2nd/3rd pairing he will be back up to form.

His salary is a little high for my tastes (4.5 > 3.5 through 2018 iirc) but I wouldn't mind the move to to much, since he seems like an NHL player still for sure, and has the potential to turn out very well for us, considering Tippett's system.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Wouldn't it just be better to sign him when he his contract is voided? I can't imagine anyone is going to pick him up on waivers.

Last edited:

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Edmonton does not deserve any favors.

No chance Arizona claims Fayne unless they plan on tanking and wasting a lot of money the next few years.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Edmonton does not deserve any favors.

No chance Arizona claims Fayne unless they plan on tanking and wasting a lot of money the next few years.

I am not sure Fayne is part of the answer hear and I don't think he will get claimed. I could see us trading for him if we can send them Chip or Downie and they retain salary on Fayne?

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I perfer pi was really high on Faye when he was a ufa

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We have 6-7 bottom D (slots 4-6). Murphy hasn't grabbed that #3 spot as we were hoping given his development thus far and we lost out on a Long term solution in Hamilton for that number 2 slot. I like some of the options but we are overmatched at times because we don't have adequate personnel in slots 2 and 3. It's killing us and until someone takes a step forward in their development this is going to be an area of frustration. I still believe in Murphy and have liked the skill set of Elliott at times. stone is expendable in the right trade scenario. Grossman and Michalek are ok in limited roles. Is Dahlbeck a #4D or are we seeing moments where he plays my re like a 5-6 guy?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Dahlbeck could be a second pairing guy if his partner was an offensive dynamo like Shattenkirk or something. If that's not the case, he is better off on the third pairing. I really like his physicality, so in the war between Stone, Murphy, and Dahlbeck, I am increasingly leaning towards keeping Dahlbeck.

Murphy needs to get his **** together. Stone should maybe hit the net someday with his shot.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Stone should maybe hit the net someday with his shot.

Reminds me of Morris who seemed like he didn't hit net for half a decade :laugh:. Course he had other consistent assets and Stone gets blown by a few times a game.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We have 6-7 bottom D (slots 4-6). Murphy hasn't grabbed that #3 spot as we were hoping given his development thus far and we lost out on a Long term solution in Hamilton for that number 2 slot. I like some of the options but we are overmatched at times because we don't have adequate personnel in slots 2 and 3. It's killing us and until someone takes a step forward in their development this is going to be an area of frustration. I still believe in Murphy and have liked the skill set of Elliott at times. stone is expendable in the right trade scenario. Grossman and Michalek are ok in limited roles. Is Dahlbeck a #4D or are we seeing moments where he plays my re like a 5-6 guy?

Dahlbeck could be a second pairing guy if his partner was an offensive dynamo like Shattenkirk or something. If that's not the case, he is better off on the third pairing. I really like his physicality, so in the war between Stone, Murphy, and Dahlbeck, I am increasingly leaning towards keeping Dahlbeck.

Murphy needs to get his **** together. Stone should maybe hit the net someday with his shot.

I agree with both you guys. What we are seeing the last five games is the pain and frustration that comes with rebuilding. Hate to say it, but get used to it for the rest of the year.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Always thought Ballard was going to be the next Captain after Doan. And then I thought maybe Yandle... Maybe I should delete this post and stop trying to predict where the C goes?

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Always thought Ballard was going to be the next Captain after Doan. And then I thought maybe Yandle... Maybe I should delete this post and stop trying to predict where the C goes?

Haha. I loved Ballard. I just think he wasn't big enough to play his game. You'd think they would have made a better helmet at this point. Just seems like the current one doesn't even cover the head well enough.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Dan Hamhuis took a puck in the face tonight. Transported to the hospital. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Why don't players wear full face shields? They all did it in NCAAs or in midgets. I tried this for one adult league game when I was in high school. Matrix-ducked under one slapshot that wasn't moving, just growing in my field of view. Came right for my head in the first period and screwed my cage back on when I got home that night. Crazy that anyone plays without one. One puck to the eye and your life is changed forever.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Haha. I loved Ballard. I just think he wasn't big enough to play his game. You'd think they would have made a better helmet at this point. Just seems like the current one doesn't even cover the head well enough.

Even if it did, most of these jabronis would wear it with a chin strap dangling to their nads because GOTTA BE A MAN. :shakehead

Why don't players wear full face shields? They all did it in NCAAs or in midgets. I tried this for one adult league game when I was in high school. Matrix-ducked under one slapshot that wasn't moving, just growing in my field of view. Came right for my head in the first period and screwed my cage back on when I got home that night. Crazy that anyone plays without one. One puck to the eye and your life is changed forever.

Again... MANLINESS. Absolutely no other functional justification for it otherwise.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/1...ick-compensation-policy-signing-coaches-execs

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. -- The NHL eliminated its policy Tuesday that allowed teams to seek compensation when other franchises hired away a coach or executive under contract.

Commissioner Gary Bettman told the Board of Governors that as of Jan. 1, the league will revert to its old policy that gave teams the right to grant or deny permission to other franchises to talk to coaches and executives under contract. But if a coach or executive does switch teams there will be no compensation allowed.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Dan Hamhuis took a puck in the face tonight. Transported to the hospital. Hope he makes a full recovery.

I wear a half-shield and a mouth guard, and I took a puck to the face once. Honestly, it just feels so much more free to not have a big metal cage on your face. The clear plastic protects my eyes, and my mouth guard protects my teeth from sticks, and hopefully shots. I'll take stitch or two on my chin or cheek for the feeling of skating with a visor. Plus, I play mens league, and I play wing. So I'm not down low blocking shots, or trying to tip pucks or anything. Just floating around the neutral zone looking to take high slot clappers, Dany Heatley style.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Lauri "The Korpse" Korpikoski scored a hattrick against the Rangers. Is this real life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad