Around the NHL - Part 2 - Playoffs, PLAYOFFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
For years and years now huh? I can't necessarily blame the players for the "legal" crosschecks..... if they're going to allow 'em :laugh: But why then is slashing and butt ending and all stick work not allowed as seen fit by officials? :sarcasm:

I love the rough stuff in the crease. Cross-checks, slashes, pushing a guy's lid over his brow from behind, etc. I think the "rules" are different in the crease. They call the nastiest of it, and swallow their whistles for most of the "battle". And I'm fine with that. But a cross check to the neck? Come on. No room for that on the ice.

Nothing wrong with rough stuff, but only if it is legal. I miss the days of a good fight, hip check or even a good open ice hit. You hardly see any of these in the current NHL. I think lawsuits is the reason for the game changing, and that is why I don't understand why crosschecking hardly ever gets called.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
John Tortorella needs to give his head a shake. What an idiot. Dubinsky got away from a McSorley-esque foul with a 1 game suspension. Dubinsky is lucky that the DOPS was asleep at the wheel on this.

Torts has got about 1.75 seasons until his next firing. I'd recommend he not advertise the fact that he is brain-damaged too loudly, because he'll need to slip that by an unsuspecting GM in summer 2017 if he wants to stay in hockey.

Come on now. That was nowhere as bad as McSorley. The one game is plain stupid.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yup. Either allow the players to police themselves or actually punish the stuff that needs to be punished. I'm all for eliminating fighting if that also means getting rid of the dirty stuff, but I think if you eliminate fighting and the discipline stays as is you'll just see teams trading cheap shots imo.

That is why you are seeing these cheap shots. The NHL is trying to stop fighting and letting the cheap shots go.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Come on now. That was nowhere as bad as McSorley.
Please explain that for me.

Zero closure rate? Check. Players weren't moving quickly / passing, both sets of players were standing still relative to each other.

Club another player in the head with your stick? Check.

Follow-up with a second hit, breaking the stick on the downed opponent? Dubinsky only.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I forgot Tiki was in the NHL this season. I'm assuming he's sucked since he is.in waivers. Anyone catch any of his play?

Saw him play a little when he was with the Black Hawks and thought he did fine, but I'll admit that I'm always looking for the best in Tik's.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Didn't realize it, but after these last two road trip games, the Coyotes will play 15 of the next 19 games at home.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I would. Joffrey has been solid but Springfield needs him.

Absolutely. We need help at C.

I would too. Tikh plays all three forward positions and could provide some secondary scoring touch. Hope he falls to us.

Saw him play a little when he was with the Black Hawks and thought he did fine, but I'll admit that I'm always looking for the best in Tik's.

I say no. Time to move on.That ship has sailed.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I forgot Tiki was in the NHL this season. I'm assuming he's sucked since he is.in waivers. Anyone catch any of his play?

Reason he's going on waivers is because Bickell is coming back into the lineup and Chicago needs the cap space.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Yikes. Incredibly dangerous and reckless play by Cizikas. Just dove on Turris's knee. I don't know if DoPS will suspend Cizikas for that, but I would. Perfect example of "disregard for the safety of other players" or whatever. Knee, ankle, everything. So, so dangerous.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Yikes. Incredibly dangerous and reckless play by Cizikas. Just dove on Turris's knee. I don't know if DoPS will suspend Cizikas for that, but I would. Perfect example of "disregard for the safety of other players" or whatever. Knee, ankle, everything. So, so dangerous.

He was diving for the puck and got tangled up. It sucks, but I don't think there was any targeting of the knee like your saying.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He was diving for the puck and got tangled up. It sucks, but I don't think there was any targeting of the knee like your saying.

Man that was ugly. I don't like Turris but I hate when players get hurt. I don't see a penalty on the play.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Could be a complete coincident but a driver was holding a Langhammer sign in the airport this morning. Could be something. Most likely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad