NHL Around the NHL - Offseason moves and rumblings II - Habs trade Max67 to Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Do you think he re-signs in Boston the following year if he came to us that deadline?

If he doesn't, then no bonus problems the year after

Personally yes, I do Gonzo. It would have changed a lot of things. Too bad. My son just texted me and said the same thing, wish he didn't change that trade :ha:

Reactions: Strafer

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else but this is an absolute riot! What today's stars would have looked like if they were around in the 70's

Current NHLers as 70s Stars.jpg

Lol Seguin as a North Star with the Rollie Fingers stache :laugh:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
excuse me, then why is Kaiton's story on the NHL Forum, much less the Canes forum, you act like you're 4, not a fan since 94

Are you asking me why this Kaiton story is mentioned in a "AROUND THE NHL" thread on the Bruins section?

HOW dare we DISCUSS a story from around THE nhl in the NHL forum!? :rolleyes:

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Do you think he re-signs in Boston the following year if he came to us that deadline?

If he doesn't, then no bonus problems the year after

He probably does, he saw Boston was the better choice and signed there later, so say he comes to Boston the year before - in all probability they still make it to the finals, maybe they win, maybe they still lose - but either way iginla is looking to make money and play somewhere competitive (at that point anyways, Colorado seemed like an end of career contract choice) so if they win he knows they could repeat if he re-signs, if they narrowly lose, he wants another shot.

Sure woulda been nice to have him in 2013 over Jaromir though, good chance we beat the hawks in 7 (maybe sooner since a lot of those games were close) iginla would have negated the fac Jagr had nothing and was misused by Claude, and Seguin was struggling and being misused. The real problem in that series was that Horton had a shoulder injury and rather than reduce his minutes and put him against easier competition, he stubbornly kept him with Krejci, Jagr with Bergeron, and pushed a struggling Seguin down where he likely wouldn’t excel (I mean the cherry on top was that perfect pass to Daugavins that would have tilted the series massively towards the bruins favor that dogman couldn’t bury)

If Claude has Iginla, well knowing Claude he probably keeps Horton with Krejci but at least Bergeron has Iginla who would have almost assuredly given them more than 0 goals which who knows could have opened up even more room for the third line which Seguin and I believe Peverley were on?

And with the warrior that igninla was I gotta believe he would have helped pull the weight for Bergeron with his injuries, maybe his lung doesn’t get punctured in game 6. I hated the fact Claude kept Jagr with Bergeron when he and Marchand didn’t like playing with him and jagr’s style put way too much on Bergeron which can be attributed to his big injuries

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Should have happened a year ago so he could get a shot at Bruins job

After 39 seasons, Chuck Kaiton out as Carolina Hurricanes radio broadcaster

After 39 years, Chuck Kaiton was officially out Tuesday as the Carolina Hurricanes’ radio play-by-play announcer after the Hall of Fame broadcaster was unable to agree on a new contract with the team. The Hurricanes plan to use a simulcast of the FS Carolinas television broadcast on their radio network this season instead.

Kaiton’s agent submitted a counterproposal to the Hurricanes after Kaiton’s contract expired on June 30, but the team stood firm on its final offer to the broadcaster, which included what Kaiton’s agent, Lou Oppenheim, said was an 80 percent pay cut as the Hurricanes and new owner Tom Dundon attempt to reckon with their money-losing radio broadcast while giving Kaiton the opportunity to recoup some of the losses by selling sponsorships, an arrangement more typical on the minor-league level.

Too bad, I heard his voice many times while driving around New England.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
again, Raleigh AND Kaiton's story has been posted in multiple threads in multiple forums here, why is it of so much interest in Boston, is 98.5 stopping Bruin radio broadcasting ASAP OR IMMEDIATELY:rolleyes:

What does what some cheap dumbass owner in Charlotte does have to do with the B’s radio broadcasts?

You love to tell people how wrong they are about every f***ing little thing, and then when they take exception, you get into these tangential shouting matches with them.

However, it’s apparently ok for you to make all these inane posts that make comparisons and draw correlations to things that just don’t exist?

But, I need to grow up? :laugh:

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
You know I thought about that but Iginla doesn't guarantee a cup in 2013, and without Jagr (who doesn't end up in Boston without being spurned by Iginla), we never get to witness this:

With Iginla on the team maybe we don't have to. Some of his leadership may have stopped us from blowing the 3-1 lead.

What does what some cheap dumbass owner in Charlotte does have to do with the B’s radio broadcasts?

You love to tell people how wrong they are about every ****ing little thing, and then when they take exception, you get into these tangential shouting matches with them.

However, it’s apparently ok for you to make all these inane posts that make comparisons and draw correlations to things that just don’t exist?

But, I need to grow up? :laugh:

:rolleyes:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
again, Raleigh AND Kaiton's story has been posted in multiple threads in multiple forums here, why is it of so much interest in Boston, is 98.5 stopping Bruin radio broadcasting ASAP OR IMMEDIATELY:rolleyes:

Your original post seemed (if I can decipher the CHRDANHUTCH code) to advise Fenway he better hope this does not become a trend.

The thing is, the "trend" you are describing is radio broadcasts using the TV commentary feed instead of a dedicated radio commentator. People then rightfully asked why in the H-E-Double Kohos would a TV camera guy care about a team using the TV commentary for their radio feed?

And then you went off the rails and started insulting people.

In ALL CAPS.

Again.

Per usual.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Interesting that he still lives in Boston. Kids going to school here?

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else but this is an absolute riot! What today's stars would have looked like if they were around in the 70's

View attachment 131745

Lol Seguin as a North Star with the Rollie Fingers stache :laugh:
There are some truly clever and creative people out there, and this is outstanding. They all look like they just came out of Slapshot.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
He won a Cup with the Habs. Was dynamite in the finals against Kings.
I believe he's still the only player to score back to back OT winners in the Finals. Or maybe one other guy did, but LeClair was the last one to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad