NHL Around the NHL - Offseason moves and rumblings II - Habs trade Max67 to Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Tough day as a Bruin fan to see an ex-bruin Sequin signed for an 8 year deal with Dallas. One of the worst Bruin trades in history ( return- Eriksson, Morrow and Smith) And a San Jose team who fleeced Boston back in 2005 ( return- Sturm, Primeau and Stuart ) for Joe Thornton who is smiling because his GM again fleeces the Ottawa Senators in the Eric Karlsson trade today.

Reactions: dabid

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Tough day as a Bruin fan to see an ex-bruin Sequin signed for an 8 year deal with Dallas. One of the worst Bruin trades in history ( return- Eriksson, Morrow and Smith) And a San Jose team who fleeced Boston back in 2005 ( return- Sturm, Primeau and Stuart ) for Joe Thornton who is smiling because his GM again fleeces the Ottawa Senators in the Eric Karlsson trade today.

It’s only “tough” if you live in the past.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Not much need to worry about defense when you spend the whole shift in the offensive zone.

Burns and Karlsson on the ice together is a match-up nightmare.

They're both RHD. I imagine that they'll be together only on the power play. What a PP that's going to be, though...

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
They're both RHD. I imagine that they'll be together only on the power play. What a PP that's going to be, though...

Both of those guys are super talented, but there is only one puck. SJ might be better off splitting them and having one QB each unit so there isn’t a lot of drop off from the first group to the second?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Seguin signing doesn't change anything for Bruins fans and Karlsson is out of the division (and not to Tampa). Sounds like a good day for the Bruins to me.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Ottawa, Montreal and Detroit aren't going to be factors for a long time in this division.

Buffalo a couple years away.

Basically the big three gets to run roughshod for a couple years unless Florida can sneak in there. This division is terrible.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
It's wonderful that athletes are telling of their struggles. I hope it helps people and gets rid of the stigma a lot of these conditions have.

I feel a lot of us "normal" people think that athletes and celebs dont battle these things. We forget that even tho they're in the spotlight they're still people who have their own struggles.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Seguin signing doesn't change anything for Bruins fans and Karlsson is out of the division (and not to Tampa). Sounds like a good day for the Bruins to me.

Him not ending up in Tampa Bay is huge for me.

If I'm a Sens fan, that return is "meh". It's not absolutely terrible, but there isn't much to get excited about either.

Tierney - Quality 3rd line C, solid player, 24 years old, will still be an RFA in two years.

DeMelo - Was SJ 6th D-man last year. UFA in two years. I read somewhere his advance stats are impressive though, for what its worth.

Norris - Former 1st rounder, solid but not spectacular prospect.

Balcers - Just heard on Sportsnet (Friedman) that this was a player the Sens were really excited to get. 5th round pick but had a nice year in the AHL

+ 1st rounder, and two 2nd rounders.

Sure one of those 2nds could be a 1st, but reality is the odds aren't great. Making the Cup final is hard.

That's what I see if I'm a Sens fan. That extra 1st for sending him back to the East is highly unlikely, if I'm a Sens fan, this conditional 1st round pick means diddly-squat to me.

A 3rd line C, a 6th D-man, two solid prospects, a 1st and two 2nds.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
In my opinion, it's hard to see Columbus trade Panarin after what Karlsson returned for Ottawa.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I feel a lot of us "normal" people think that athletes and celebs dont battle these things. We forget that even tho they're in the spotlight they're still people who have their own struggles.

Amen. I hope it makes people feel like it's okay to talk about and ask questions about. That's half the battle. Admit and identity and then you are on your way. Up until I was 35, I never even heard about these kinds of things …. well the past 10 plus years have been quite enlightening to me and how many different things I was battling and it would have been nice to know all these types conditions happen, I'm not defective, and there is help.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I love reading these articles. It puts it back into perspective that these are actual people and not just robots. I have a uncle who has a very similar story to Lehner (minus the NHL goalie part).

Exactly, Lehner's issues began with a very very difficult childhood well before he was ever a professional athlete. It's amazing he made it as far as he did with all that baggage. It certainly resonated with me.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Exactly, Lehner's issues began with a very very difficult childhood well before he was ever a professional athlete. It's amazing he made it as far as he did with all that baggage. It certainly resonated with me.

We tend to think pro athletes got life by the tail but reality is they go through hard &*^*&^ too.

Lehner I've always been impressed with his ability but wasn't impressed with his play. Makes a lot more sense now.

Now that it seems he's turned his life around, maybe he can realize his potential as a goaltender and as a person.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
Can't find it right now but saw a tweet earlier saying "Sens fans got what they wanted, a new owner, Doug Wilson"
:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad