NHL Around the NHL - Offseason moves and rumblings II - Habs trade Max67 to Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Why rehash Seguin?

His chances of coming back to Boston were at 0.0001% before this extension.

Now the chances have decreased to 0.0000000000001%

If Chiarelli has actually gotten a decent return for the player no one cares why or how Seguin was dealt. It's the fact that the B's got zilch to show for him that stings.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Why rehash Seguin?

His chances of coming back to Boston were at 0.0001% before this extension.

Now the chances have decreased to 0.0000000000001%

If Chiarelli has actually gotten a decent return for the player no one cares why or how Seguin was dealt. It's the fact that the B's got zilch to show for him that stings.

Well, he just did sign a huge extension. I honestly don't care he was dealt, just laughing out loud at all the nonsense "leaked" after the fact when he left considering this whopping contract.

Reactions: dabid

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
No, all the crap that came out after, which is what the Bruins do, that's all.

Like what? Arriving in the same clothes? Bzzzt. Made the press after round 1.

Guards at the door? Bzzzt. Ditto above.

Thornton had to sit him down and have a talk? Again, after round 1.

That he was a partier? One only had to glimpse at his Instagram account for that.

This "all the crap that came out after" stuff is a myth. Seguin's on and off-ice problems were documented well before the trade. Maybe not all of them (*ahem*), but certainly the problems people claim "came out after".

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Like what? Arriving in the same clothes? Bzzzt. Made the press after round 1.

Guards at the door? Bzzzt. Ditto above.

Thornton had to sit him down and have a talk? Again, after round 1.

That he was a partier? One only had to glimpse at his Instagram account for that.

This "all the crap that came out after" stuff is a myth. Seguin's on and off-ice problems were documented well before the trade. Maybe not all of them (*ahem*), but certainly the problems people claim "came out after".

And my point then and now is, wow what a huge detriment it was to his growth as a hockey player, right? Certainly has affected his on ice play and earning potential.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
No, all the crap that came out after, which is what the Bruins do, that's all.

Yes, Lou, the Bruins are the ONLY team that does that :laugh:

Listen, maybe I am too "old school", but I just feel that when you are being paid millions of dollars, and your team is in the playoffs, the organization shouldn't have to "babysit" you to make sure you make it to the rink and perform. And that is without all the other stuff I heard (a lot of which was while he was still on the team).

I know that a lot of hockey players are hard partiers. I have heard some crazy stories, particularly in the offseason. However, if those guys did that, and then didn't show up to play (literally or figuratively), there careers would be short lived.

It's unfortunate that Seguin didn't "get it" until after he was traded to Dallas.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
And my point then and now is, wow what a huge detriment it was to his growth as a hockey player, right? Certainly has affected his on ice play and earning potential.

I wasn't speaking to that. I was simply correcting your claim that all this stuff "came out after", when it most certainly made the news well ahead of the trade.

Nice deflection, though.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Well, he just did sign a huge extension. I honestly don't care he was dealt, just laughing out loud at all the nonsense "leaked" after the fact when he left considering this whopping contract.

In all honesty I've read multiple things about why he was dealt, and who actually ordered him to be moved out of town. None of which I can confirm.

I guess some of it is true, and some of it is BS.

I blame Chiarelli for accepting a miserable return for a player of his age and talent level.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

And you knew that at the time?

I mean come on. If one of your kids had a high school playoff game and they pulled that shit, you would be all over them, but it was ok for a guy getting paid a ton of money to do it.

I am pretty sure that most organizations have had to deal with this sort of thing at one time or another. Do you really think that this was an isolated incident, the B's FO just suddenly got brain freeze and Seguin was shipped out of town for nothing? For every incident we hear about, there are more that we don't.

I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe (as much as I am NOT a Chia fan) that he and a couple of others just suddenly got stupid. Common sense tells me that if they were willing to let a talent like Seguin go (which they all acknowledged he was), they must have been super concerned.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
In all honesty I've read multiple things about why he was dealt, and who actually ordered him to be moved out of town. None of which I can confirm.

I blame Chiarelli for accepting a miserable return for a player of his age and talent level.
I think that last part is what angers me the most.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yes, Lou, the Bruins are the ONLY team that does that :laugh:

Listen, maybe I am too "old school", but I just feel that when you are being paid millions of dollars, and your team is in the playoffs, the organization shouldn't have to "babysit" you to make sure you make it to the rink and perform. And that is without all the other stuff I heard (a lot of which was while he was still on the team).

I know that a lot of hockey players are hard partiers. I have heard some crazy stories, particularly in the offseason. However, if those guys did that, and then didn't show up to play (literally or figuratively), there careers would be short lived.

It's unfortunate that Seguin didn't "get it" until after he was traded to Dallas.

I'm not saying you are wrong for feeling that way

I wish I could find those all 2013 SC final threads where seguin was being lauded for being the best player on the ice for games 1-3. That was well after the "guards" in Toronto.

I agree about the hard partying nhl players as well, and I guarantee you there were loses in other series from other teams over the years that never "surfaced" like this story magically appeared.

Again, he's gone it's whatever, but if Seguin was anything remotely like the Bruins portrayed after the fact he would never have seen the end of his contract on Dallas nor received this mega extension.

Some of the brass/ownership thought they were smarter than they were (idiots thought Horton was a shoo-in to re-sign) and that they were a better team with Eriksson than Seguin.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
And you knew that at the time?

I mean come on. If one of your kids had a high school playoff game and they pulled that ****, you would be all over them, but it was ok for a guy getting paid a ton of money to do it.

I am pretty sure that most organizations have had to deal with this sort of thing at one time or another. Do you really think that this was an isolated incident, the B's FO just suddenly got brain freeze and Seguin was shipped out of town for nothing? For every incident we hear about, there are more that we don't.

I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe (as much as I am NOT a Chia fan) that he and a couple of others just suddenly got stupid. Common sense tells me that if they were willing to let a talent like Seguin go (which they all acknowledged he was), they must have been super concerned.

Agreed and teams don't just ship out talents like Seguin. They exhaust every avenue.

And if Seguin was such a risk, why did the Bruins fall all over themselves signing him to an extension the September before they traded him? Makes zero sense.

I'm sure he was no choir boy, but not everyone is.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Supposedly from the top, that's what we both heard.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Gotta use the guard on those mandolin slicers...

I have no idea if that's actually what he used

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad