NHL Around the NHL - Offseason moves and rumblings II - Habs trade Max67 to Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Are those salaries ever released so that we know how much they're making there vs. what they would make on a 2 way NHL deal?

THN estimated the average Swiss League salary at $170,000 US, and that was a decade ago in 2007. It's likely higher now. Even the 2007 number is higher than current AHL salaries for the most part (there are exceptions).

And Wingels as a former established NHL player is likely making more than the average Swiss league salary.

Then factor in far lesser travel than the AHL, and cost of living expenses provided. If you think your NHL days are done, a career in the Swiss League is still a hell of a gig to have.

If I'm in Wingels shoes, at his age, I know where I'd be signing, and it ain't to ride buses cross-continent in the AHL with the fading hopes of making it back to the show.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Haggs at it again, this time posing Oilers possible interest in Krug, suggesting RNH heading this way.

No thanks to his 6mil salary. I believe Donato has the potential to fill the 3c slot, and, a lot cheaper.

Haggs is reaching...

RNH and McDavid found some real good Chemistry last year and I wouldn't think that even PC would take a chance on messing with that. As McDavid has come-out publicly stating he likes the Chemistry he has with RNH and hopes they stay together.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Haggs is reaching...

RNH and McDavid found some real good Chemistry last year and I wouldn't think that even PC would take a chance on messing with that. As McDavid has come-out publicly stating he likes the Chemistry he has with RNH and hopes they stay together.
Leon Draisaitl it is then, we'll throw in Senyshyn and Zboril, two former first rounders but only if Pete eats 2m on the contract. He can send Kassian along too.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Just getting to this thread for some reason.

Undoubtedly....the most overrated player of all time!

Plus a dirty spot picking coward.

Other than that, he's great.

I quote from the greatest thread of all time:

4. Chris Chelios – A dirty player, even for the 80’s and one of the biggest fake tough guys of all time. Probably the most overrated player of the decade. Did nothing particularly well, save for miraculously maintaining a perfect tan and body, well into his 40’s. Hmmmm?

:biglaugh:

Reactions: sarge88

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Surely this is not the first time a Jaws theme has been used on a Sharks mask.... right??

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Leon Draisaitl it is then, we'll throw in Senyshyn and Zboril, two former first rounders but only if Pete eats 2m on the contract. He can send Kassian along too.
But, but, but.....Senyshyn and Zboril are gonna be great! Add that to the guys you want not being butter-soft? I'm sorry, but it's gonna have to be a no from me, dawg. :laugh:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
We have Krugs in the system. In my opinion Gryz can provide some Krug. Loved what I saw from him last year. We need more scoring!

We have near 60 point defensemen in the system? And your answer to 'more scoring' is to trade the 9th scoring defenseman?

But we don't have more scoring in the system? Guess the Bruins are just wasting their time drafting and developing wingers like Bjork and Donato. Where is this "new Krug" in the system? I love Gryz's game but he's a totally different player than Krug.

Yeah I fail to see how trading the D-man 2nd in the NHL in pts. per minute played last year is going to somehow increase the Bruins ability to put the puck past opposing goaltenders. You better be getting one heck of a scoring forward in return. The Bruins were one of just two teams in the entire league last year with two 30+ goal wingers, so say you add a 3rd guy, you might see an uptick in goals from a 2nd line, but you may also see a drop in goals from the other 3 lines as Krug will be at times on the ice with every line, so your really not gaining much if anything. Not to mention any scoring forward brought in will need PP time to produce, where is that opportunity? You can only have so many forwards on the ice at once.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
But we don't have more scoring in the system? Guess the Bruins are just wasting their time drafting and developing wingers like Bjork and Donato. Where is this "new Krug" in the system? I love Gryz's game but he's a totally different player than Krug.

Yeah I fail to see how trading the D-man 2nd in the NHL in pts. per minute played last year is going to somehow increase the Bruins ability to put the puck past opposing goaltenders. You better be getting one heck of a scoring forward in return. The Bruins were one of just two teams in the entire league last year with two 30+ goal wingers, so say you add a 3rd guy, you might see an uptick in goals from a 2nd line, but you may also see a drop in goals from the other 3 lines as Krug will be at times on the ice with every line, so your really not gaining much if anything. Not to mention any scoring forward brought in will need PP time to produce, where is that opportunity? You can only have so many forwards on the ice at once.

I think they should put Krug and McAvoy on the 1st unit. Move Krug to the half wall on the left side. He can one time from there and actually does a lot of good things down low in the offensive zone.

Marchand
Pastrnak-Bergeron-Krug
McAvoy

Reactions: HustleB

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think they should put Krug and McAvoy on the 1st unit. Move Krug to the half wall on the left side. He can one time from there and actually does a lot of good things down low in the offensive zone.

Marchand
Pastrnak-Bergeron-Krug
McAvoy

Back when Kovalchuk was in the rumour mill, I suggested exactly this with Kovalchuk in the spot where McAvoy is. Put Krug in that right-side half-wall where Spooner used to hang out on the PP.

Now that Kovalchuk is a non-option obviously, McAvoy would be best internal option. I like it. But McAvoy does need to shoot more (and develop his one-timer capabilities). Something we'll hopefully see in his sophomore season.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Just for comparison, these are the combined GP and point total for Vaakainen, Gryz, Zboril, Johansson, and Lauzon at their various levels last year.

293 GP, 66 total points.

Krug at the NHL level in a little over a quarter of that amount of GP (76), had almost as many points (66) as this entire group COMBINED with the majority of the games in leagues below the NHL level.

Safe to say there isn't another "Krug" in the system.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Interesting. Nice that you can reclaim your hat at some places, but what keeps somebody from claiming your hat as theirs if they get there first?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Every year there is a new name who people say who replace Krug and do what he does. Every year Krug has kept on improving his point production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad