OT: Around the NHL - Nathan MacKinnon is good at hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The Hurricane boys did it again!!!!
What a fantastic game.
I'm falling for the Hurricanes. I like them and CBJ. That would be a wild ECF to have the Jerks vs Jackets.
Playoffs have been outstanding this year and since the Penguins were embarrassed in such pathetic fashion it was simple and easy to sit back and enjoy the rest of the teams that actually care go toe to toe.

More please.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Just saw the score...lmao we got swept by a team that's about to be swept. Not even Columbus is getting swept, so our loss to Isles might be worse then Tampas loss to Columbus.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Just saw the score...lmao we got swept by a team that's about to be swept. Not even Columbus is getting swept, so our loss to Isles might be worse then Tampas loss to Columbus.

Why? Other teams are allowed to be good.

Our series with the Isles was identical to this only the Canes are getting the one goal instead of the Isles every time.

Reactions: Extra Texture

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Why? Other teams are allowed to be good.

Our series with the Isles was identical to this only the Canes are getting the one goal instead of the Isles every time.
The Islanders don't look even a quarter of the mess the Penguins were though. They also look like they actually care.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think any team the Penguins could have played- Capitals, Lightning, Islanders or the Blue Jackets would have had a similar outcome: the Penguins being swept in embarrassing fashion.

They looked like they did not belong in the post season. Not even in the slightest. They were disgusting and they need to seriously take a step back and look at what is wrong with that team or they will not even make the post season next year.

I don't care if they miss the post season as long as they start to retool and rebuild so they can get back to the post season with some actual fire in their bellies in 2 or 3 years.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The solidification of the Penguins looking like gahbage was the acquisition of DBrassard. Numerous moves and actions before that foreshadowed decline from what made them successful, but they really looked like ass when Brasstard come on-board.
That man came on board and infected a semi-competent team and wrought destruction against the organization.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Dallas about to make it a 2-2 series. OH I hope so! I don't want to start the conference finals too soon and I want some frenzied game 6's and 7's like round 1. Good hockey, yes sir.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Beautiful Dallas. Beautiful. Take it to 'em. Right where they breath.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009

You can actually say whatever you want and that still won't make it true

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Kessel, Maatta and Jack Johnson to Islanders for Barzal.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Carolina's proof of what 5 players actually working as a cohesive unit can do for your playoff chances.
Who could have figured. A team sport game requires the team to play in tandem. Crazy! Maybe the Penguins can learn some of that team stuff in the off-season.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
People are still underestimating Carolina, I see. 7 wins out of the last 8 games. To be honest, the Isles aren't playing that badly, they just aren't gifted goal every time they need one, plus Lehner and Eberle have come back to earth. Still, I hope they get swept, so people would shut up for a bit about Trotz being god's gift to hockey.

Reactions: FlightlessBird

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Though I think it is more likely that the Blues and Sharks advance, it would be amazing if the four wild card teams all made it to the conference finals.

Reactions: ETA

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Though I think it is more likely that the Blues and Sharks advance, it would be amazing if the four wild card teams all made it to the conference finals.
Yeah it would, but you also have to realize that the furthest out from 3rd place a WC team was is Colorado at 3pts (a win and regulation tie (not considering ROW)). 3 of the 4 WC teams were 2 pts out of 3rd place.

So it is not like they are rough teams barely getting it together. The are all very good teams right up there in competition level. If they were 10 - 20 points out it would be a different story, but they are all right up there in stats and compete level as the 1st - 3rd place teams.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Yes. I haven't followed up on it, but he slid in the butterfly from right to left innocent enough and that was it. Left the game. I'm guessing knee issue like torn meniscus or maybe a pulled groin? That's my guess, but who knows.
Groin but McElhinney is on a roll so i hope Canes go with him until Mrazek is fully healed.

Reactions: shoplifter

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
NHL Stanley Cup winner updated

Hurricanes 4/1
Bruins 9/2
Sharks 5/1
Blue Jackets 5/1
Blues 11/2
Stars 13/2
Avalanche 7/1
Islanders 16/1

giphy.gif

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Sometimes I just want individual players to win more than teams as a whole. I want Jordan Staal to win and aside from that I do like his team and that team's fanbase.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
A team is one win away form the ECF and Sportsnet asks "Are the Hurricanes actually good?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad