OT: Around the NHL - Nathan MacKinnon is good at hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Bruins seem to have that same problem as the Penguins. Whichever team can shut down the top scoring line it seems to affect the depth, top down, even with great depth....

I am so happy for Columbus. Man do they play well and have earned the right to get their franchise deep into the post season for once.
Colorado is having a rough go at San Jose. I hope they pull together because I would love to see a post Sakic / Forsberg / Roy / Foote , et al Colorado team make it to the finals.

I like Zuc on Dallas that is about it.

Maybe Penguins can somehow manage to snag Zuc in the off-season.

Bruins need to go. that is the only team i want out of the post season... remaining squads are all fine by me. I just have great dislike for Dubinsky ... too bad he wasn't on Boston as that would really heap up all my hatred unto one squad and simplify my directed anger / hatred.

Super excited for Hurricanes game tonight and then Blues / Stars. Should be an excellent night for hockey. My tuckus is ready for 5 hours of sitting. I will become one with the computer throne. Now that I thinkj about it, I may bring the rocker up, but it is wooden so I may need to supplement with some pillows or such. Rockers are dope. I'm getting old , but I'm getting there in style. May even bring out the hot pad :DD

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I like Andrei Svechnikov too on the Hurricanes. I'd have taken him first if I was Buffalo. Taking a D as your first pick in the first round is kind of a meh decision if you ask me.

I so wish Svechnikov was on the Penguins. Some reason I'm very wishful today of whom I would like to be a Penguin for some reason.

Reactions: BHD

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I like Andrei Svechnikov too on the Hurricanes. I'd have taken him first if I was Buffalo. Taking a D as your first pick in the first round is kind of a meh decision if you ask me.

I so wish Svechnikov was on the Penguins. Some reason I'm very wishful today of whom I would like to be a Penguin for some reason.

uh...no..hell no. You take the generational Dman over the top line winger.

Svech isn't even a centre, even then...id still take Dahlin.

But especially since he is a winger, you take the #1Dman.

Also, Dahlin outscored Svech on D. I don't think its even close as to who will be the more impactful player in their careers.

Dahlin would also be easily the #1 pick in this upcoming draft, even with Hughes, a centre. He's that special

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
uh...no..hell no. You take the generational Dman over the top line winger.

Svech isn't even a centre, even then...id still take Dahlin.

But especially since he is a winger, you take the #1Dman.

Also, Dahlin outscored Svech on D. I don't think its even close as to who will be the more impactful player in their careers.

Dahlin would also be easily the #1 pick in this upcoming draft, even with Hughes, a centre. He's that special

I suppose. But I don't think just because he is a first round first pick d that he is a generational defender though? Why is he generational because he can score too?
Tang was a third round pick. I haven't watched much of Buffalo this year to speak of Dahlin performance -- I can only speak of his stat numbers, which doesn't even qualify for me to comment on him legitimately.

Is there a reason you would rather Dahlin than Svechnikov other than you say he's a generational D man?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I suppose. But I don't think just because he is a first round first pick d that he is a generational defender though? Why is he generational because he can score too?
Tang was a third round pick. I haven't watched much of Buffalo this year to speak of Dahlin performance -- I can only speak of his stat numbers, which doesn't even qualify for me to comment on him legitimately.

Is there a reason you would rather Dahlin than Svechnikov other than you say he's a generational D man?

Because Dahlin is the much better player. And at a harder posistion to find.

Scoring 44 points as an 18 year old at defense is only something a Bobby orr does or an Erik Karlsson. He is the McDavid of Dmen.

Letang, wasn't a for sure #1 D until he was 22.

Dahlin is already a #1D at age 18. Think about that. Usaully it takes Dmen until age 20-21 to be very good in this league. And Dahlin is already there at 18. He's only going to get much much better.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Because Dahlin is the much better player. And at a harder posistion to find.

Scoring 44 points as an 18 year old at defense is only something a Bobby orr does or an Erik Karlsson. He is the McDavid of Dmen.

Letang, wasn't a for sure #1 D until he was 22.

Dahlin is already a #1D at age 18. Think about that. Usaully it takes Dmen until age 20-21 to be very good in this league. And Dahlin is already there at 18. He's only going to get much much better.

I suppose. I take your point and will think on it. I hope Svechnikov gets the go-ahead tonight so I can check him out.
He's not bad as a rook in the post season either. 3 gp 2g 1 a 3pts. 4 shots 2 goals 50% shooting and a +2 and 1 power play point. Not bad either for 18 year old Russian to play so far away from home, if he can even speak english. (he's 19 now he just had his name day)

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
If i add up all the wins & losses of my favs teams right now for the 2nd rnd i'm 7-4. (for all 4 matchups)

What's your score?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I suppose. I take your point and will think on it. I hope Svechnikov gets the go-ahead tonight so I can check him out.
He's not bad as a rook in the post season either. 3 gp 2g 1 a 3pts. 4 shots 2 goals 50% shooting and a +2 and 1 power play point. Not bad either for 18 year old Russian to play so far away from home, if he can even speak english. (he's 19 now he just had his name day)

oh yea absolutely. Svech himself is very special. just not as good as Dahlin. once he fills out he will be a force to reckon with

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
oh yea absolutely. Svech himself is very special. just not as good as Dahlin. once he fills out he will be a force to reckon with
Dang I didn't even look until you mentioned so, 6-2 195lbs at age 18 (when the stats were most likely taken). Dang that is a big boy.
Rasmus Dahlin is 6-3 190 as an 18 year old. Dang again.
Two big boys.

Any idea what Hughes clocks in at?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Dang I didn't even look until you mentioned so, 6-2 195lbs at age 18 (when the stats were most likely taken). Dang that is a big boy.
Rasmus Dahlin is 6-3 190 as an 18 year old. Dang again.
Two big boys.

Any idea what Hughes clocks in at?

Svech is like if young Malkin were a winger. thats the best way to describe him.

Hughes, who i have never seen play is 5'10. So im assuming he has to be a good in the corners guy and puck passer.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Svech is like if young Malkin were a winger. thats the best way to describe him.

Hughes, who i have never seen play is 5'10. So im assuming he has to be a good in the corners guy and puck passer.
Yeah I watched one of his games... but he was injured... figures. So I didn't get to see him.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Yeah I watched one of his games... but he was injured... figures. So I didn't get to see him.
Unrelated to topic but dog, the way your avatar is cut, i assumed at first those weren't sunglasses but... the start of some really big horns. Like a cool demon dog or something.

It's still confusing of sorts. :laugh:

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Unrelated to topic but dog, the way your avatar is cut, i assumed at first those weren't sunglasses but... the start of some really big horns. Like a cool demon dog or something.

It's still confusing of sorts. :laugh:

Do you know who he is?

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Can't wait 'till that game starts!
D5gc8YAW0AEcRs8.jpg

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The punches to the head NEED to stop. This shit needs to be an automatic penalty even if it's an accident and stuff like Marchand needs to be a 1 game suspension every time. It's unacceptable.

As @BHD said - not the worst thing he's done, but it's unacceptable and will continue to happen until they just flat out go to a 0 tolerance rule.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
You....... don't........know.......... MR PEANUTBUTTER??????????

hahaha... naw I imagine quite a few don't know him. He has hilarious one-liners and does silly ass stuff in Bo Jack Horsemen on Netflix.

That being said, so you never watched BoJack. It is pretty funny, in my opinion. Creative stuff and I like the humor.Quite a few funny characters actually. Has I think 5 seasons and picked up for another season. Worth giving it a try at least.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The punches to the head NEED to stop. This **** needs to be an automatic penalty even if it's an accident and stuff like Marchand needs to be a 1 game suspension every time. It's unacceptable.

As @BHD said - not the worst thing he's done, but it's unacceptable and will continue to happen until they just flat out go to a 0 tolerance rule.

The NHL simply doesn't seem to want to adjust to the modern realities of head shots. They're still stuck in the 70's/80's idea where what Marchand did is "getting under the opposition's skin".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->