OT: Around the NHL - Keep on truckin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
They are the new Jets.

They happen to have a core that is really good. However, I wouldn't rank Rantanen as highly as MacKinnon or Makar. Entering the season, he was 6th in points (212) for players at his position (NHL.com has him as RW) over the past 3 seasons (2017-2020). Kucherov (313), Kane (270), Pastrnak (256), Wheeler (247), Marner (230), Rantanen (212), Kessel (212), Voracek (207), Stone (198), and Laine (183) make up the Top 10. I'd probably have him as the 5th best RW (behind Kuch, Kane, Pastrnak, and Marner), and I can see putting Wheeler ahead of him. However, that's only one position. So acting like he's God's gift to hockey - like they do with every player who's donned the burgundy sweater - is a bit much.

It's a long way of saying MacKinnon is closer to being the best centre in the game (and Makar the best dman) than Rantanen is to being the best right winger.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
They happen to have a core that is really good. However, I wouldn't rank Rantanen as highly as MacKinnon or Makar. Entering the season, he was 6th in points (212) for players at his position (NHL.com has him as RW) over the past 3 seasons (2017-2020). Kucherov (313), Kane (270), Pastrnak (256), Wheeler (247), Marner (230), Rantanen (212), Kessel (212), Voracek (207), Stone (198), and Laine (183) make up the Top 10. I'd probably have him as the 5th best RW (behind Kuch, Kane, Pastrnak, and Marner), and I can see putting Wheeler ahead of him. However, that's only one position. So acting like he's God's gift to hockey - like they do with every player who's donned the burgundy sweater - is a bit much.

It's a long way of saying MacKinnon is closer to being the best centre in the game (and Makar the best dman) than Rantanen is to being the best right winger.

Now some doofus is saying Barzal is better than Eichel.

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Now some doofus is saying Barzal is better than Eichel.

I can see why. Barzal put up big numbers in his rookie season (although, they've dropped under Trotz) and is a flashy player. Eichel, though, has taken his game to another level - and has done so while his team struggles.

Reactions: Gurglesons

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Not that I wish pain on Calgary fans, but that team is ripe for the picking. So many players we could use and they are absolute trash right now. Please Burke, use them Calgary connections, good sir.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
The Panthers breakout setups are fun to watch this period. Watching players come back with the puck instead of dumping it for no reason is making jealous.

Please get a new coach ASAP.
did not watch the game but checked the stats: High danger chances 18 for 4 against...in the third period Panthers had 11 HDCF and still lost....go figure

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Not that I wish pain on Calgary fans, but that team is ripe for the picking. So many players we could use and they are absolute trash right now. Please Burke, use them Calgary connections, good sir.
Jake, Rust, Kapanen I am fine getting rid of if we get players like Tkachuk back in return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad