Around the NHL IX - It's, Like, 2015 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I'm not quite sure why this fanbase is so pessimistic, but we're tied for 4th in the entire league in points percentage. Nashville, Anaheim and Chicago are the only teams ahead of us. Montreal is the team we're tied with.

We underwent a ridiculous run of injuries and still manage to be on top of the division. Tampa is the only team with more points than us in the conference (56 compared to 54) and they've played two more games.

I'm just failing to see how someone could conclude we're clearly not winning the Metro and are quickly falling to a wild card spot (or worse) when we have the 4th best record in the league.

Yeah, I don't get it either. With all the injuries the Pens have had and how cold the PP has gone I'm actually pretty stunned that they're still at the top of the division, and to me that says that when (if) they get healthy they are absolutely the team to beat. I mean, it's not like they had a couple of fringe guys out. It was like 10 guys on IR and the majority of them were big contributors.

That said, I really don't care whether or not they win the Metro.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
The Penguins have won the January Cup before and it's gotten them nothing in the spring. Let's see how hot the Rangers and Capitals are a few months from now.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Man, it is really hard to stomach paying a goalie that much. He's way too vital for them to lose over $1 million or so a year, but with any sort of regression that becomes a rough contract.

That said the fact that it's only for 4 years drives the price up a bit and lessens the risk of it becoming a Cam Ward-esque deal.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Devils TV crew are still showing highlights of the Tootoo/Bortuzzo fights. You know your season has been pretty sad when...

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Toffoli is out with mono tonight which means we'll get it in a couple of weeks. Buckle up.

Poor guy. I had mono in late 2011 and it's the sickest I've ever been in my life. I was seriously ill for about 6 weeks and the symptoms dragged on for about another 2-3 months after that, plus I kept getting other illnesses on top of it - bronchitis, tonsillitis, strep, etc. I still get sick super easily and don't have even close to the stamina I did before the mono. More than 3 years later I'm still not back to where I was, it just decimated me.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Poor guy. I had mono in late 2011 and it's the sickest I've ever been in my life. I was seriously ill for about 6 weeks and the symptoms dragged on for about another 2-3 months after that, plus I kept getting other illnesses on top of it - bronchitis, tonsillitis, strep, etc. I still get sick super easily and don't have even close to the stamina I did before the mono. More than 3 years later I'm still not back to where I was, it just decimated me.

Jesus. That must have been a rare case then, though? I never thought of mono as something that causes too many complications, let alone lasting ones.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Jesus. That must have been a rare case then, though? I never thought of mono as something that causes too many complications, let alone lasting ones.

I'm not sure. I've heard that it's worse to get it as an adult, which I am, but usually people over 40 (which I'm not) are the ones prone to really serious illness. I don't have any other major health issues so I think I just got "lucky" and got the rare case that was worse than normal and lingers forever.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Kings will not only be missing Toffoli - Pearson with a broken leg, too. I always wonder when teams, that have been as healthy as the Kings over the last few seasons, get more injury trouble. I kinda started thinking they know some kind of secret that makes them avoid injuries.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Kings will not only be missing Toffoli - Pearson with a broken leg, too. I always wonder when teams, that have been as healthy as the Kings over the last few seasons, get more injury trouble. I kinda started thinking they know some kind of secret that makes them avoid injuries.

Pearson has a broken leg? They aren't trading Williams then

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Not gonna lie, Weber's reaction to that was one of the scariest things I've seen recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad