Around the NHL IX - It's, Like, 2015 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Semin returns to the Canes' lineup tonight. I had totally forgotten he was playing in the NHL.

BlackGoldGreen

Jul 7, 2006
California
Yeah, I can't stand that. Use your words. I love the sport, but it's full of morons.

anyone else get the feeling that Yeo was trying something new there, almost like he's putting on a mad face but he didn't really seem that mad to me. something about the way he looks and sounds when he cusses, it doesn't flow naturally like a usual coach rant, idk maybe its just me

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
So, OV's good again. I don't mean like his joke of an MVP in 2013 good, I mean like top 3 skater in the world good, comfortably. He hasn't played like he is now in about five years.

He's moving his feet, making good passes...haven't seen him hitting people in this game, but he's been doing that in other games.

Johansen would drive me nuts if he was here. He's a crap magician. Wiggles his stick and nothing happens.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Caps and Rangers have been on hot streaks lately. Anyone worried they might pass the Pens up?

In all honesty, how much does it matter? In 2013 and 2014 the Penguins cruised easily to division titles and then went on to meltdown in the playoffs.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
In all honesty, how much does it matter? In 2013 and 2014 the Penguins cruised easily to division titles and then went on to meltdown in the playoffs.

I agree, i said before the year i thought it would be better if the pens finished lower in the standings this year, i think it would take some of the pressure off.

And i can't imagine there are many pens fans who would want to play any more game sevens at home, i'l gladly give up the home ice advantage to play game 7 on the road.

If you look at the final 4 last year

Kings 3rd seed
Hawks 3rd seed
Habs 3rd seed
NYR 2nd seed

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Metro is really wide-open & we are not the division favorites anymore. Rangers are playing much much better than us and they are already right behind us in the standings with 2 games in hand. We have only 4 pts more than the Caps, it used to be 13 pts or so just a month ago. Islanders are tied with us. Added to that, we have played 23 home games already and only 17 road games.. We are not winning Metro, folks. That said, if the Rangers win it (they really are the best team in the Metro and maybe even in the East now), then the R1 vs Isles/Caps is not THAT bad. Far from easy, though. East is really solid this year, so it´s not like you can hope for better matchups than that...

NYR, PIT, NYI, WSH, TB, MTL, DET, BOS... these are some good teams and it´s impossible to predict the outcome. If Florida squeezes in (kudos to them), then there´s one relatively easy matchup possible but I don´t see it happening.

That said, if we´ll keep losing (our upcoming schedule is not easy and we are not playing well now), we might find ourselves in a wildcard spot pretty quickly. That´s for those saying that RS doesn´t matter. If Florida wins their 2 games in hand, we are actually 5 pts away from a non-playoffs spot. I mean, c´mon, this is not funny anymore...

Last edited:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I'm not quite sure why this fanbase is so pessimistic, but we're tied for 4th in the entire league in points percentage. Nashville, Anaheim and Chicago are the only teams ahead of us. Montreal is the team we're tied with.

We underwent a ridiculous run of injuries and still manage to be on top of the division. Tampa is the only team with more points than us in the conference (56 compared to 54) and they've played two more games.

I'm just failing to see how someone could conclude we're clearly not winning the Metro and are quickly falling to a wild card spot (or worse) when we have the 4th best record in the league.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I'm not quite sure why this fanbase is so pessimistic, but we're tied for 4th in the entire league in points percentage. Nashville, Anaheim and Chicago are the only teams ahead of us. Montreal is the team we're tied with.

We underwent a ridiculous run of injuries and still manage to be on top of the division. Tampa is the only team with more points than us in the conference (56 compared to 54) and they've played two more games.

I'm just failing to see how someone could conclude we're clearly not winning the Metro and are quickly falling to a wild card spot (or worse) when we have the 4th best record in the league.
It´s not a definite conclusion, but it´s very possible that we are not winning the Metro. There are 4 teams right there at the top, differences are not significant and they´re playing better than us. We have already 23 home games & 17 road games, so it´s not like it´s gonna be easy for us to keep pace with NYR etc.. Look at the standings some more. We are still very high right now but it´s getting awfully awfully close. And the Rangers & Caps are red-hot for quite some time, they are also fully healthy, unlike us. I´m still fine and completely sure that we´ll make the playoffs, but it´s not like "points don´t matter for us" anymore. We have to be very careful with that, it´s closer than you might realize. 2-3 more losses and we are in the pack with the teams like Washington, Boston etc..

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Looks like Wild are struggling mightily this season. Would be funny to see Shero and Bylsma go there to replace their former assistants :)

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
I watched the Wild yesterday. They have excellent defense & ******, ****** goaltending. I'm pretty sure they would be up there with St.Louis if they had at least average to good goaltenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad