Around the NHL IX - It's, Like, 2015 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Who would of thought Tyler Johnson would be 3rd in the league in scoring at this point in year.

t'v been watching a bunch of TB games recently, Tampa is a fun team to watch, but i don't think they will do much in the playoffs, there a team that is built for the regular season.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Who would of thought Tyler Johnson would be 3rd in the league in scoring at this point in year.

t'v been watching a bunch of TB games recently, Tampa is a fun team to watch, but i don't think they will do much in the playoffs, there a team that is built for the regular season.

What does that mean?

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
What does that mean?

What does what mean? I'm assuming your asking why i said TB is built for the regular season.

They play a pretty wide open style and they outscore teams on most nights in the regular season, that style wouldn't work in the playoffs.

They also don't have enough grit and sandpaper players in there lineup for my liking, they need a better mixture of skill and sandpaper in there lineup IMO.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I was talking the other day about Yeo getting fired after the season, the Wild's next 4 games is Chicago twice Nashville and the pens, Yeo might not even make it through the season.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
What does what mean? I'm assuming your asking why i said TB is built for the regular season.

They play a pretty wide open style and they outscore teams on most nights in the regular season, that style wouldn't work in the playoffs.

They also don't have enough grit and sandpaper players in there lineup for my liking, they need a better mixture of skill and sandpaper in there lineup IMO.

They have a ton of high end skill. It's not like the Pen's where they were a facade being pumped up by 2 all world players. Their young guns may not be mature enough to go far in the playoffs, but I think the type of players they have is fine. Clutching and grabbing when only one guy on the line can hurt you works.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
They have a ton of high end skill. It's not like the Pen's where they were a facade being pumped up by 2 all world players. Their young guns may not be mature enough to go far in the playoffs, but I think the type of players they have is fine. Clutching and grabbing when only one guy on the line can hurt you works.

They just aren't hard to play against, they need more grit to go with there skill, i don't think there going to be able to win the 2-1 games in the playoffs.

When the pens play TB Sid and Geno are able to do whatever they want, they don't get into Sid and Geno's face and make it tough for them, that's probably the biggest reason the pens have owned Tampa Bay.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Yeah, I don't see Tampa as a hard team to play against either. I guess they could develop into an eastern conference version of Chicago if everything goes right but I'm not sure they're at that point just yet. Although they are in the east and anybody can make a run in the east. There's just no great team in the east so it's always pretty wide open.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I think TB is harder to play against for other teams than they are for the Pens for some reason. The Pens just seem to have their number. I think that the game they won vs. the Pens in December was the first time they've beaten them going all the way back to that playoff series a few years ago, and even then it was with a totally decimated Pens team and they almost ended up blowing it in the 3rd period.

Seems like it's kind of like how the Pens can never beat the Flyers, although somewhat less embarrassing because at least the Pens are a good team. As it stands right now I'd think the Pens are TBL's nightmare playoff match-up, just like the Flyers would be for the Pens.

penguins2946*

Kessel deserves better than that crap media up in Toronto.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
That Air Canada tweet has been deleted so it was probably an employee posting it to the wrong account. Still, between the media being all over him and the fans being all over him it makes you wonder how much he'll take before he asks for a trade.

Lots of broken sticks a the Wild practice today.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
They just aren't hard to play against, they need more grit to go with there skill, i don't think there going to be able to win the 2-1 games in the playoffs.

When the pens play TB Sid and Geno are able to do whatever they want, they don't get into Sid and Geno's face and make it tough for them, that's probably the biggest reason the pens have owned Tampa Bay.

The Pens seem to have their number, I'll give you that, but that doesn't make them less of a contender. They mopped the floor with Montreal all last night. Some teams stack up better against other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad