Around the NHL - It's HERE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Every time I bring up to Colorado fans that they should have shopped Duchene and given RoR the $7.5 every single one tells me that it would have been a disaster for the locker room for someone to be making more than Duchene and Landeskog and that with MacKinnon's extension coming up not feasible. If the locker room is that fragile that you can't pay a guy more money than guys who signed their contracts years ago when the market was totally different then you have a terrible group of players. Not to mention RoR's contract would have bought out a hell of a lot more UFA years than anyone else because Colorado dicked around with his contract in the first place and let Feaster offer sheet him. Plus if MacKinnon and Barrie's upcoming extensions are going to cripple your salary cap that much even with Tanguay (and Duchene if traded) then your team is very poorly setup. Colorado should just fold and relocate if their front office mentality is "nobody but MacKinnon can make more than Matt ****ing Duchene."

I'm eagerly awaiting the day that Buffalo plays hardball with Sam Reinhart because he wants to sign a contract for more than what Zemgus Girgensons got. Except that wont happen because even Buffalo works in reality.

It was totally mishandled. The only one who would have been upset was Duchene IMO. Always thought he was a bit of a cry baby anyways

Landeskog's reaction 2 years ago when O'Reilly finally signed was classic..." I don;t care how much he makes. He makes us a better." (or something lose to that.)

The players know what their team mates value is......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad