Around the NHL - It's HERE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
He's better. Everyone knows that. But he isn't better to the degree you're implying.

I wonder if you'd be singing a different tune if this team was finishing.

Also, how is it "denial" that there aren't any posts about him? :shakehead
I won't do it again.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
WTF is going on in Anaheim. They were Stanley Cup favorites going into the year. They've scored 6 goals in 7 games and have been shutout 4 times. And I thought our team was frustrating to watch.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Tortorellus minora. A small case of John Tortorella.

More like a case of "being out of shape"

Cbj management had been upset with RyJo's conditioning and work effort for sometime it would seem. Torts is just putting his foot down I guess. What Jarmo wants, Jarmo gets

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Stafford with two more goals tonight. Up to five for the season now. Good for him. He found a perfect fit in Winnipeg.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Stafford with two more goals tonight. Up to five for the season now. Good for him. He found a perfect fit in Winnipeg.

Maybe I'm too negative when it comes to Stafford but .... He'll top out at 17-23 goals. 17-20 assists. That's a nice year for him. I'd be surprised if he went much more beyond that

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas

Yup, he's looked like the player everyone wanted him to be in Buffalo ever since getting to Winnipeg. Good for him. Dunno about that beard he has going, though. :laugh:

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Maybe I'm too negative when it comes to Stafford but .... He'll top out at 17-23 goals. 17-20 assists. That's a nice year for him. I'd be surprised if he went much more beyond that

Right there with you. He never seems to be able to carry that kind of production through the entire season. Good for him, if he does...but Jets fans shouldn't hold their breath.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
McDavid is becoming the straw that stirs the drink out there. Going to be right in the scoring race from his rookie campaign, IMO.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

43 points is nothing to sniff at. That's a solid second line winger. Honestly, it's not too far off what I expect from Kane.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

20+ goals is really good for the short-term, decent money deal he received. Anyways, he could top that given that he has 15 goals in his first 38 games as a Jet (playoffs included).

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
20+ goals is really good for the short-term, decent money deal he received. Anyways, he could top that given that he has 15 goals in his first 38 games as a Jet (playoffs included).

He's been shooting at an unsustainably high % so far in Winnipeg. He'll come down eventually. He always does, it's his MO.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
So I was watching the LA Kings game last night and they have McNabb playing on their 1st pairing with Doughty... and looked good too. I'm not sure that McNabb actually sticks on the 1st pair. We shall see.

Man, what a bad trade that would end up being if McNabb turns into a legit 1st pairing defenseman for the Kings. We gave then McNabb and TWO 2nd round picks for Deslauriers and Fasching. (A 4th liner and a possible what, maybe 3rd line winger?)

And I know hindsight is 20/20 (and we were deep at D at the time of the trade), but boy it would be nice to have a good left handed defenseman right now.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
So I was watching the LA Kings game last night and they have McNabb playing on their 1st pairing with Doughty... and looked good too. I'm not sure that McNabb actually sticks on the 1st pair. We shall see.

Man, what a bad trade that would end up being if McNabb turns into a legit 1st pairing defenseman for the Kings. We gave then McNabb and TWO 2nd round picks for Deslauriers and Fasching. (A 4th liner and a possible what, maybe 3rd line winger?)

And I know hindsight is 20/20 (and we were deep at D at the time of the trade), but boy it would be nice to have a good left handed defenseman right now.

This is really a hindsight thing. At the time, I think fans were mostly thinking McNabb for Deslauriers was a wash of guys who peaked as bottom line/pairing players.

Then again, all's fair when you're paid to know more than the fans...

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Man, what a bad trade that would end up being if McNabb turns into a legit 1st pairing defenseman for the Kings.

Hmmm.

Has nothing to do with being paired with one of the top 5 D in the NHL, I'll bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad