Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@BNHarrington - Former #Sabres and #Bisons voice Pete Weber moving from TV to Radio next year for #Predators.

Building on the success of both of the Predators’ broadcast partners, the 2015-2016 season will include even more coverage - including expanded features and more pre-game and post-game coverage. Additionally, fans who tune-in to game broadcasts will hear familiar voices in new places. The “Voice of the Predators” Pete Weber will move into the Predators radio play-by-play role and Willy Daunic, who was behind the radio play-by-play mic in 2014-2015, will move into the television play-by-play role.

Weber - “It’s been a great run on the Predators television broadcasts these last 17 years, including many of those early seasons which featured simulcasts, but I’m looking forward to returning to the medium that first gave me my love for sports broadcasting - the radio,” “Not only am I excited to be calling all 82 regular-season games, but I’m also looking forward to being on the call for every Predators playoff game, and ultimately, getting to call the game when the Predators bring the Stanley Cup to a new home in Nashville.”

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=774483

LaxSabre - Until a couple of seasons ago - Nashville and Buffalo were the only two teams who had the same commentators for both the Radio and TV broadcasts.

Last edited:

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
At the Vancouver Canucks’ Summer Summit, GM Jim Benning said he had offers on the table to trade goaltender Ryan Miller.

“We could have moved Ryan Miller,†Benning said at the Summit. “There were teams calling on Ryan Miller.â€

Benning’s news to the fans in attendance was met with a chorus of boos.

That said, we’re not sure what type of offers Benning did have. Maybe they weren’t perceived as fair value. Maybe the moves would have made the Canucks take back an unfavorable contract in return. But maybe, for the second straight off-season, the Canucks have made an error between the pipes.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/canucks-gm-benning-says-team-received-offers-for-ryan-miller/

When I think back to the GM search the Sabres did with Benning one of the rumored candidates at the time, I'm really glad he was passed over for Murray. I haven't been that impressed with Benning's moves since he took over Vancouver.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Seems like this was a move for Chicago to save cap space and still fill Oduya's roster spot, not necessarily to make room to re-sign him. They only saved 900k and I'm not sure that's enough to keep Oduya.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Pierre says Dallas retained half on Garbutt, so only $1.7m in relief from trading Sharp. Still don't have enough room for Oduya.

Dallas is going to be a scary good offense next year.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
And for as good as they are on D, they're equally bad on the blueline.

Klingberg, Goligoski and a whole heaping helping of nothing.

Perhaps. But I don't think their goaltending will be nearly as dreadful as last season. I think that's a playoff team next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad