Around The NHL - True Gritty(ness)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
Also - anyone else loving Vegas off to a 1-4 start?

I most recently moved from Vegas, after being there for 12 years. Had my chance to jump on the bandwagon early but that wasn't going to happen since the Desert Dogs were turning it around last year - right? Long story short. I. Am. Loving. It! All my friends who became Knight lifers are getting a true taste of NHL fandom. Unexplainable misery.

Reactions: Sthlmyote and Mosby

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I most recently moved from Vegas, after being there for 12 years. Had my chance to jump on the bandwagon early but that wasn't going to happen since the Desert Dogs were turning it around last year - right? Long story short. I. Am. Loving. It! All my friends who became Knight lifers are getting a true taste of NHL fandom. Unexplainable misery.

I don't want to be seen as mean, but I really think Vegas got things to easy last year. However, as that meant people there really noticed they had a team, it might have been a good thing- if they now shows some character when they face the misery.

Have people in Vegas started to turn away, or are they just embedding themselves into it? Curious. I don't want to be Captain Obvious either, but I can't resist: The test for fans aint victory. It's defeat. Everybody can cheer for the team when they win...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't want to be seen as mean, but I really think Vegas got things to easy last year. However, as that meant people there really noticed they had a team, it might have been a good thing- if they now shows some character when they face the misery.

Have people in Vegas started to turn away, or are they just embedding themselves into it? Curious. I don't want to be Captain Obvious either, but I can't resist: The test for fans aint victory. It's defeat. Everybody can cheer for the team when they win...
Wait till the NFL arrives

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Not at all. I'd rather that they lose to us and only to us, and beat the crap out of LA, Anaheim and San Jose.

In a perfect world, I'd want 1st-3rd place in the Pacific to be us, Vegas, and San Jose. Kings 8th place.

Central can give us both wild card teams in the west as long as it's Chicago and Winnipeg in 6th and 7th to miss out.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
It's healthy for Vegas fans to get a taste of losing. I was really put off by some of their incredibly arrogant fans last season.

I have never met any of them in person, but based on what I've read, I believe you. Very much.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Wait till the NFL arrives

Nobody watches football anymore. :eyeroll:

18dxlns8ibyb3jpg.jpg

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So, you think this is the last season for the Yotes? Getting you right here? o_O
I’d say it’s a pretty good chance. Houston deserves the Seattle expansion share more than Arizona does. Easy to slide AZ to the central and Seattle to the Pacific. It seems like a good idea, really.

Why wouldn’t the league do this? Phoenix is probably close to as good as a market as Houston. Phoenix has some history and it theoretically should work. It’s been almost 20 years and it never has. Maybe Houston will.

League doesn’t really lose anything by moving the Coyotes there. It’s an even bigger American market and it’s not Phoenix, which seems cursed.

Reactions: XX

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So, you think this is the last season for the Yotes? Getting you right here? o_O

Up until recently, a lateral or better move wasn't open to the NHL when it came to relocating the Coyotes. That changed when Houston opened up. With the clock ticking on Barroway's debt, it's just a matter of time unless a new monied owner loyal to AZ is found. They probably would have come forward already if they existed. The league will be 'loyal' to Arizona right up until its their turn to hold the money bag again, at which point the team moves overnight.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
So far, I've seen surprisingly big crouds at the first 2 games and historically the team won't draw until after the New Year. The team is also monetizing better, sponsoring out the shovels clearing the ice during time outs, etc. and getting a new big sponsorship deal with Dignity Health.

Rumors of the Coyotes death have been greatly exaggurated.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Up until recently, a lateral or better move wasn't open to the NHL when it came to relocating the Coyotes. That changed when Houston opened up. With the clock ticking on Barroway's debt, it's just a matter of time unless a new monied owner loyal to AZ is found. They probably would have come forward already if they existed. The league will be 'loyal' to Arizona right up until its their turn to hold the money bag again, at which point the team moves overnight.
At least I’ll finally have a reason to fly to Houston and eat vietcajun food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad