Around The NHL - True Gritty(ness)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So far, I've seen surprisingly big crouds at the first 2 games and historically the team won't draw until after the New Year. The team is also monetizing better, sponsoring out the shovels clearing the ice during time outs, etc. and getting a new big sponsorship deal with Dignity Health.

Rumors of the Coyotes death have been greatly exaggurated.
Ads on ice shovels? I’m sold.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
While I don't believe the chances of the Coyotes relocating outside of Arizona in the next n years is 0, I also believe it isn't the fait accompli that some people on HF believe. In fact IIRC it was rt who said something about the BoH like "I'm 90% sure that 90% of you are 90% full of BS." That's a great quote, and sums up my position nicely.

You'll notice the suspended megathread has had no reason to be revived in 5 weeks, as is appropriate. Just random comments over there from the same people with the same agendas mostly, going on flimsy evidence or "their gut" that we're moving imminently. I would need far, far more than what's been presented to change my view.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
While I don't believe the chances of the Coyotes relocating outside of Arizona in the next n years is 0, I also believe it isn't the fait accompli that some people on HF believe. In fact IIRC it was rt who said something about the BoH like "I'm 90% sure that 90% of you are 90% full of BS." That's a great quote, and sums up my position nicely.

You'll notice the suspended megathread has had no reason to be revived in 5 weeks, as is appropriate. Just random comments over there from the same people with the same agendas mostly, going on flimsy evidence or "their gut" that we're moving imminently. I would need far, far more than what's been presented to change my view.

Maybe I just skimmed over a lot of that, but the suspended megathread to me struck as a dumping ground for Twitter links (which I can't see since I have Java disabled on this site) that, judging by the responses to them, are really just grasping at straws to be even remotely related to the Coyotes in the least bit.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Avs claims Marko Dano on waivers. Was starting to think he was something to go for here. Not that many points in his games, but allegdely with very limited ice-time.

Team should do something about the max contract-situation, useful players is sometimes sent down... that is, risked.

Is really IR counted against contract limit, even LTIR? Does this mean POJ can't play 10 games this year whatever happenes, so his contract doesn't count? That would be a weird result.

Last edited:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Maybe I just skimmed over a lot of that, but the suspended megathread to me struck as a dumping ground for Twitter links (which I can't see since I have Java disabled on this site) that, judging by the responses to them, are really just grasping at straws to be even remotely related to the Coyotes in the least bit.

That is a very accurate, succinct assessment.

Reactions: Katie Connauton

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
In other news: "The Arizona Coyotes look East to the KHL, for new ways to enhance their Shorty Kills!"

PS: How appropriate that 23 and 55 were on the ice!

Reactions: SniperHF

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
As if you will spend money on going to Houston. You don't even spend money to head up to GRA.
I’d go to Houston to check out a game, eat some Vietcajun and maybe head out to Galveston island. That’s a trip.

I will probably go to the Doan retirement night. That’s probably it for me and Glendale.

I really don’t have any desire to go to Glendale. It’s too far to go there, too close to stay there and it sucks. No thanks.

If the Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian community builds an arena and the Coyotes move there, I’ll go to games.

Last edited:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The Red Wings look terrible. I knew they were going to be bad, but they're not even competitive. One of the worst teams in years.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
It’s really nothing to do with money, anymore. It’s far and it sucks and the Coyotes are terrible and I’d just never choose to go all the way out there. Probably one game this season. If they end up being an okay team, I might go to a few more.
I get it. I wouldn't go if they were in the east valley either. Hate that drive, hate the east valley in general and I'd have to be off on game day to make it which means zero Saturday games for me. With it being close, it's my favorite thing to do for entertainment. Love Westgate and hitting Kabuki before the game. Even with how bad they are, I'd buy season tickets again to watch the current group if I knew anyone that would commit to going. They have to find sustained success to draw consistently though. That's always been the case and it seems the current management might actually get that. If they'd build a winner, maybe it wouldn't be so hard to find people that are interested in the team/going to games.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
The Red Wings look terrible. I knew they were going to be bad, but they're not even competitive. One of the worst teams in years.

And they have claimed De La Rose. Seriously, I have not been impressed with him, drafted 34 in 2013. One of those picks some people say "basically a late first", and then others jump in and say "no, that's verifiably a high second".

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I get it. I wouldn't go if they were in the east valley either. Hate that drive, hate the east valley in general and I'd have to be off on game day to make it which means zero Saturday games for me. With it being close, it's my favorite thing to do for entertainment. Love Westgate and hitting Kabuki before the game. Even with how bad they are, I'd buy season tickets again to watch the current group if I knew anyone that would commit to going. They have to find sustained success to draw consistently though. That's always been the case and it seems the current management might actually get that. If they'd build a winner, maybe it wouldn't be so hard to find people that are interested in the team/going to games.
I actually was hoping to be in a better place for this season, but I wont be a season ticket holder until next season unfortunately. I am looking at a weekender package when that time comes though, weekdays are just too hard to make it from Chandler to Glendale.

Reactions: RemoAZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad