OT: Around the NHL | Good riddance, Rivalry Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He skated to the three quarter point of the Bruins bench. He could have handled it much better. He knew exactly what he was doing. And so do I. Seventh goal. Just skate off the ice in a more direct route to your bench.

Marchand is a loose cannon. And he disappoints me every year. He can't stop. So much skill. So much dumb.

Anaheim Duck Carter Rowney on pace for 82 goals.
I feel like with Brad, he's the way he is because of the team he plays for. I bet if he was a Penguin, he'd just be a 30-40 goal little pest and not a dirty little pos.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
When Cooke clocked Savard, Guerin called him out on it in the press. It didn't matter if he was his teammate or not. Why don't the Caps players have the balls to do the same thing instead of continuously make excuses for the piece of garbage? It's embarrassing they are trying to make this asshole the victim every damn time.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
When Cooke clocked Savard, Guerin called him out on it in the press. It didn't matter if he was his teammate or not. Why don't the Caps players have the balls to do the same thing instead of continuously make excuses for the piece of garbage? It's embarrassing they are trying to make this ******* the victim every damn time.

Because Sweaty Teddy is an enabler.

Reactions: Turin and TNT87

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
T.J. Oshie wants NHL to 'take care of business' after Bruins' Brad Marchand jumps Lars Eller

The comments from Oshie are ****ing hilarious. Good lord talk about a ****ing hypocrite. I despise Marchand but Oshie acting all sanctimonious is pathetic.

The best part of TJ's whiny comments is that first they said his hit on ZAR and Sundqvist was just the league trying to make an example and that it was a clean play in his own round about way.

Now that the book was thrown at Wilson, he wants the same done to Marchand, which granted, Marchand does deserve although not for this incident in particular as it is not the same as the hit on Oskar. Marchand should have gotten 20 games for hit hit on MJ. Just like Wilson should have gotten 20+ for his hit on ZAR but then did vs Oskar.

If anything, a league max fine would be ideal for Marchand, next incident, he's in for a 10 game sit.

But equating what Wilson did to what Marchand did, Timothy Jimothy is a bigger idiot than we all thought and we all think he's a dumb piece of shit already.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
For reference.

Yeah, people will still call the Pens players and us Pens fans hypocrites for saying Wilson is a disgusting piece of crap and his team mates are just as disgusting for justifying his hit and saying the suspension is harsh.

Proof in those tweets that the Pens were not happy with Cooke and were going to boot him from the team if he didn't clean his play up, which he did after.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Eichel named captain. I'm not sure that's a good idea. The main boards seem to think he's "matured a lot," but I seem to see an awful lot of loafing and half-assing from this guy. I figured when he was a rookie, he'd eventually learn he isn't SO much better than everyone that he can be doing that, but, to my eyes, he has not, yet.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I find it funny no one in the media wants to talk about the Leafs' defense. Wonder why? :sarcasm:

I was following the Leafs/Canadiens game mostly via Twitter last night (so take this with a huge grain of salt). It was kind of remarkable seeing a bunch of hockey journalists all writing things like, "Price is back! Watch out, the Canadiens could be a dark horse for the playoffs if they keep playing like this!"
Then I went and checked the scoresheet. I realize Price has had a bad couple of seasons, but last I checked, letting in 2 goals on 20 shots (at the time I checked) is only a .900 save percentage. Not really what I expect from a "Carey Price is back" narrative. Meanwhile, at least at that time, the Habs were outshooting the Leafs 32-20.

I realize I didn't watch the game, so maybe actually watching it told a different story, but those stats look to me like the problem was the Leafs not being great defensively, and thus, not putting the puck on the sticks of their talented players in the offensive zone. (Possession stats didn't look great for the Leafs either, I'll note).

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
...desperation much?

I mean, Ron should never be anything but your 6th-7th guy. He's in their top 4.

Hahaha....that might have worked for a bit last year, but even last year he was starting to show signs that it was not sustainable at all. Leafs went full bore on offense when they didn't even need it. Not even one bit. They should have gone big game hunting on Defense.

Nylander at this point, should be moved for one. That offense is deep enough to be ok to move him, that defense is not ok enough to sit and not do anything.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Eichel named captain. I'm not sure that's a good idea. The main boards seem to think he's "matured a lot," but I seem to see an awful lot of loafing and half-assing from this guy. I figured when he was a rookie, he'd eventually learn he isn't SO much better than everyone that he can be doing that, but, to my eyes, he has not, yet.

PR move.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Carolina on top early. Hmmm... I am super curious to see how the jackets do this year. I don't think that the Panarin drama situation is going to be good at all for the jackets.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I remember not so long ago (ok a while back), there was this potentially generational player that was deemed a whiner and diver that was named Captain and people said the same thing.

I don't blame Eichel for his gripes, the team he was on sucked, the management wasn't doing what they should have and it took some very vocal things to get off of his chest that got the team to really start pushing forward and not backward.

They added some interesting depth to their team, they have a potentially bright future.

I mean it's not nearly as stupid as say...

A team's president trying to throw his player under the bus for getting market value so his team can keep him and get him at a bargain.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Carolina goalie with a kick the rebound right to a blue jacket player. LOL
TERRIBLE idea there buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad