OT: Around the NHL: Go Avs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I can't really explain my Oilers hate. I just feel like they don't deserve McDavid/Drai because they've been so awful at building something around them. Even now the roster is still pretty trash, just the top guys have gone supernova. I mean dinosaur Duncan Keith and Cody Ceci getting big minutes?

Also f*** Evander Kane.
The lesson is not to take max salary if you want to compete for a cup, unless you think you can overcome the roster deficiencies you helped create by taking the max salary.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Rose colored glasses. Guys back then were slow as shit compared to now. The only thing resembling 80s hockey is the shitty goaltending.

Eh......they were fast for the time. Late 80's Calgary v Edmonton was the craziest hockey I have ever watched.

I take it based on your theory that Mario would be a run of the mill player in todays game???

They didn't work out as much back then, that's all.

And the game was better at a slower pace, rather than the frantic pin ball of today.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Reminder that Lou "Massively f***ing overrated as a GM" Lamoriello traded Devin Toews for two late 2nd rounders. :laugh:

Anybody without that dude's inexplicable plot armor would've been absolutely shredded for that move.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Eh......they were fast for the time. Late 80's Calgary v Edmonton was the craziest hockey I have ever watched.

I take it based on your theory that Mario would be a run of the mill player in todays game???

They didn't work out as much back then, that's all.

And the game was better at a slower pace, rather than the frantic pin ball of today.
Mario would still be the best if he played today. Better equipment and the size and natural talent and all that. But I remember 80/90s hockey too. It wasn’t nearly as fast as todays game is all.

Reactions: td_ice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad