Around the NHL - Episode XXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It's amazing to me that there's a 15 point difference between 1st and 2nd place in our division, on December 5th.

Honestly, had we kept just one of Stone or Duchene, we'd probably be fighting with 5 other teams for 2nd and 3rd place as we rebuild. The Atlantic division is a complete joke.

Reactions: Boud

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
San Jose loses 3-2 in a shootout. Bad news is they get a point, good news is they lose a point and come April, sometimes that is the difference between playoffs or no playoffs.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
It's amazing to me that there's a 15 point difference between 1st and 2nd place in our division, on December 5th.

Honestly, had we kept just one of Stone or Duchene, we'd probably be fighting with 5 other teams for 2nd and 3rd place as we rebuild. The Atlantic division is a complete joke.

It's honestly insane and I think this is a result of 2 teams that were expected to be league best that are just not able to get going and find success. Toronto and Tampa being behind Florida, Buffalo and MONTREAL who just had a 8 GAME LOSING STREAK is mind numbing. The Habs are still in the thick on things in the division and could easily make the playoffs.

It's unreal how bad Tampa and Toronto have been to start this season considering the firepower they have on their respective lineups. Now Tampa does have 3 or 4 games in hand on other teams in the division but Toronto has played more games than every other team and they're 5 points ahead of Ottawa who has a game in hand with not a single player making above 4.5M a year in the lineup. This is absolutely insane.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It is crazy that they could wiff 2/3 times in the deepest draft of the decade and still be as great as they currently are.
They wiffed 3 times, DeBrusk is still a wiff, even though he's a good 3rd/2nd liner. They reached for him and 3 all stars who were unanimously ranked higher were selected in the 3 picks after their selections.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
They wiffed 3 times, DeBrusk is still a wiff, even though he's a good 3rd/2nd liner. They reached for him and 3 all stars who were unanimously ranked higher were selected in the 3 picks after their selections.

That's a fair assessment. I was being conservative.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It is crazy that they could wiff 2/3 times in the deepest draft of the decade and still be as great as they currently are.

Not only that, but they completely ruined their first chance at becoming a dynasty team by wasting the return they got for Kessel.

Traded Seguin and Hamilton away and all they have to show for it is Senyshyn, Forsbacka-Karlsson and Lauzon.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Poor Cody.

I can’t wait for Dubas to offer Ceci 30 million over six seasons because he has good “underlying numbers.”

Dubas isn't going to trash a player in the media.

There is also a very realistic possibility that the Leafs will be sellers at the TDL. Ceci is an asset. They might get a 3rd round pick for him from a team who needs an NHL defender. (in b4 Ceci is not an NHL defender)

Maybe he does like Ceci's game, but I wouldn't use his public quotes as evidence of it. GMs always have to consider multiple angles with what they say.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Leafs have lost 2 in a row after a little bump when Babcock was let go. They are a 500 hockey team.
On the road vs the Blues tonight. Blues lead the Western

welp... 4-1 Leafs in the 1st I guess they are responding.

Last edited:

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Sharks get curb stomped by Tampa and have lost 3 in a row and 4 of their last 6. Guess November really was an easy schedule for them.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad