Around the NHL - Episode XLXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
[QUOTE ="IranCondraAffair, post: 179674975, member: 34985"]Because it is only 6 years, and if you're going to do so many RFA years, the money is usually lower.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they only bought 1 RFA year.

The price is high, but they needed to keep him and term is perfect. Might never be a steal, but he should at least be a 7.5m+ DMan each year.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I understand that but I live in MTL and its the same speech here « we cant attract FAs etc » well they’ve been able lately, cause they show they want to win. Yes they’ve been very lucky, but they show they want to win.

and yeah, I wanted to complain, cause I think this management is dumb thinking the team is going anywhere with our prospect pool alone. Reading this board/listening to mgmt at times you’d think we’re the only team with a prospect pool and all of them will become stars and we’ll be untouchable. Delusional

I think this comes more from ownership because as long as we're under a strict budget, it will be hard to really compete with other NHL teams that are spending to the cap and beyond

I think we'll get somewhere and have a bunch of good seasons but if we're not going to invest the ressources necessary, we are not going to optimize our rebuild and if we don't win a Cup it will end up as a very big "lost opportunity" just like with the last core.

We just witnessed Montreal make it to the SCF with a very limited talent pool of homegrown players. So there's no limit on how you can effectively improve your team with trades and free agent signings

It's frustrating to see when there is teams out there that are 100% committed to win despite a negative operating income

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Werenski deal was a massive over payment. I can't see justification in that even though I have tried. His getting paid highest AAV of all UFA's signed this year. You think he is worth that? No F'in way!

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Werenski deal was a massive over payment. I can't see justification in that even though I have tried. His getting paid highest AAV of all UFA's signed this year. You think he is worth that? No F'in way!
some teams have to overpay to keep talent

I would say ottawa did the same with Chabot

Reactions: Emrasie

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Vegas has made some strange moves this off season and not very endearing to their own players. The fleury deal to only be replaced by Dadanov and another goalie makes no sense. And then not to even call him was pretty low class.

Reactions: Yak and Emrasie

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Looking in from the outside onto the Eichel/Buffalo situation you just think what a mess and what a gong show all sides have let it turn into, but especially the team. How can something toxic like that be tolerated by an organization desperate for a shred of good news.

Now I know how the rest of the NHL fans felt looking in on the Sens and the Heatkey/Alfie/Ek/Stone rebuild years. Just a complete mess and alienating talent

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Vegas has made some strange moves this off season and not very endearing to their own players. The fleury deal to only be replaced by Dadanov and another goalie makes no sense. And then not to even call him was pretty low class.
Apparently Tuch gonna miss 6 months maybe why the Dadonov move

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

Leafs are still going to rely on that top line for any success they have. A lot of risk constructing a team like that

The Sens should add a heavy to the organization. The Leafs now have Simmonds, Gabriel and Ritchie. I would assume they all get dressed vs the Sens. It could be a good idea to have somebody to go after them so Tkachuk doesn't have to waste time fighting them.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Gabriel and Ritchie get a bit dirty with their play if the Sens are really laying the hits and going after the Leafs top players. It would be nice to have somebody in the organization to handle them and maybe give the young players a bit more confidence to just play their physical game and not worry about them.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

200.gif

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
The Sens should add a heavy to the organization. The Leafs now have Simmonds, Gabriel and Ritchie. I would assume they all get dressed vs the Sens. It could be a good idea to have somebody to go after them so Tkachuk doesn't have to waste time fighting them.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Gabriel and Ritchie get a bit dirty with their play if the Sens are really laying the hits and going after the Leafs top players. It would be nice to have somebody in the organization to handle them and maybe give the young players a bit more confidence to just play their physical game and not worry about them.

We have a couple guys that will drop the mitts but you are correct. We need a heavyweight guy that can take a shift and actually fight.

Currently I see of guys that can fight;

Tkachuk
Josh Brown
Watson
Paul
Holden

I honestly wish we acquired Reaves

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com

Read the posts from his wife and the email for Evander Kane. His world is about to blow up.

I hope is not true but we know he has hardcore gambling addiction that he is in the middle of going bankrupt because of it. This could be the Pete Rose of the NHL.

Last edited:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Not gonna lie, I'm quite enjoying us being really quiet while a ton of crazy f***ed up shit is happening around the league. Buffalo (Eichel saga), Montreal (drafting Mailloux), San Jose (Kane gambling), Rangers (imploding because of Wilson), Carolina (DeAngelo), Vegas (Fleury and others finding out about getting traded on twitter), etc....

Edit: Holy shit, I forgot the most important one... Chicago.

Last edited:
Reactions: playasRus and Deku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad