Around the NHL - Episode XLXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Do we think there’s a chance Brady gets offer sheeted by another team?
No.

What price is someone going to put on brady Tkachuk that Ottawa isnt going to match?

Anything below 8.1M and theyve done out negotiation for us, and anything above is getting pretty insane for Brady and would net us four first round picks

Not happening.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
No.

What price is someone going to put on brady Tkachuk that Ottawa isnt going to match?

Anything below 8.1M and theyve done out negotiation for us, and anything above is getting pretty insane for Brady and would net us four first round picks

Not happening.
4 first round picks is >10.27.

We'd get two 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd for ~8.22 to 10.26

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
No.

Not happening.

I’d just be worried about there being a bonus structure that Eugene doesn’t wanna match

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Gabriel Gagné arrested for sexual assault. Multiple victims, including one who was under 16 yo.

Crimes à caractère sexuel : un ancien des Tigres arrêté - La Nouvelle Union et L'Avenir de l'Érable
Gabriel Gagné arrested for sexual assault. Multiple victims, including one who was under 16 yo.

Crimes à caractère sexuel : un ancien des Tigres arrêté - La Nouvelle Union et L'Avenir de l'Érable

15 will get ya 20

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
4 first round picks is >10.27.

We'd get two 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd for ~8.22 to 10.26
So I guess they should make things difficult for us if they went 4-5 years but they'd be taking him straight to UFA. 6 and over and, if I'm not mistaken, the compensation to us would be calculated by dividing total money by 5 years.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So I guess they should make things difficult for us if they went 4-5 years but they'd be taking him straight to UFA. 6 and over and, if I'm not mistaken, the compensation to us would be calculated by dividing total money by 5 years.
Correct

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

I know it's a touchy subject for some put things like this is the reason why players like Gudbranson and Stepan were targeted during last offseason. Maybe not to that degree but there's a lesson there. Even at the draft, you see an emphasis on drafting competitors rather than the most skilled player.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I know it's a touchy subject for some put things like this is the reason why players like Gudbranson and Stepan were targeted during last offseason. Maybe not to that degree but there's a lesson there. Even at the draft, you see an emphasis on drafting competitors rather than the most skilled player.

Thankfully it appears that skating ability appears to be the minimum standard for our draft picks and will hopefully characterize our future acquisitions as well.

You don't have to score goals to make skating work for you. Formenton is a great example of this.

With sufficient speed and work ethic, you can make a much more talented playoff team disappear.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Thankfully it appears that skating ability appears to be the minimum standard for our draft picks and will hopefully characterize our future acquisitions as well.

You don't have to score goals to make skating work for you. Formenton is a great example of this.

With sufficient speed and work ethic, you can make a much more talented playoff team disappear.

Plus, those types of players are cheaper too.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
What’s Gudbranson going to say during practice drills? He’s the one that will be giving passes a mile away from the forwards sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad