Around the NHL - Episode XLXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Not sure how a 52 save shut-out is "easy" but I would not even be mad, it would be great actually, I bet the fans would cheer him on.
Just because guys who leave and then play us always have a knack of having amazing games, highlight reel goals ...etc.

One more update

Barkov's second contract is what would be fair for Brady. And that was signed after he scored 59 pts in 66 games.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
All these players who insist on getting their salary in signing bonuses would have definitely failed the Stanford marshmallow experiment as kids.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
It's no secret our defense wasn't very good. A guy like Zaitsev on a better team might not even get more that 14-15 minutes a night for example. J.Brown probably doesn't play on a better team and same for Mete, Holden, MDZ ...

Zaitsev gets no respect on these boards. I could be wrong, but is he not projected to make the Russian Olympic team this year?

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
We had an excuse before....but now it will be telling if fans show up or not.

Some of us aren’t comfortable sitting shoulder-to-shoulder in an indoor crowd of 15,000 people.

I’d love to hear that they’ve improved air circulation and filtration at the CTC.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I’d love to hear that they’ve improved air circulation and filtration at the CTC.
Pretty sure I heard they invested 5 mil or something into upgrading the system, I think it was in an interview with leblanc...

If I recall it was planned pre-covid so probably just bringing things up to date

Reactions: Flamingo

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
@Flamingo

I think it was 10 million for the new HVAC system

Actually this link says 11M and because of covid

Senators owner muses about building arena in Gatineau, but would prefer Kanata

That's good news, I found the interview with Leblanc, he mentioned it was planned prior to Covid and that link says 7-8 mil so if Melnyk is later saying 11 it sounds like they further upgraded because of Covid

GARRIOCH: Senators president of business operations Anthony LeBlanc believes fans will return next season | Ottawa Sun

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
That's good news, I found the interview with Leblanc, he mentioned it was planned prior to Covid and that link says 7-8 mil so if Melnyk is later saying 11 it sounds like they further upgraded because of Covid

GARRIOCH: Senators president of business operations Anthony LeBlanc believes fans will return next season | Ottawa Sun

I have a buddy who has 2nd deck seats and you need to have your jacket on in his seats because of cold air continually coming down from above. He's been to one exhibition game and says the cold air is gone

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I don’t get it. How is now any different than before when it comes to excuses?

Well if the capacity was going to be limited to under 10,000 fans, not selling out games could be chalked up to capacity limits. Now that we have permission to go at 100%, there will be no excuse when less than 10,000 fans show up to games like it was the season before Covid.

Ursamajor25

Aug 1, 2020
Mark Jankowski has been released. I see no downside to bringing him in.

There has to be someone else that is more effective than him. May as well play one of the prospects. If the Sens pick him up they are scrapping the most bottom of barrels.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Dahlen is back.
Dahlen scored.
23 yrs old now.

(Alex burrows is 40)

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Dahlen is back.
Dahlen scored.
23 yrs old now.

(Alex burrows is 40)

Nice, Vancouver must be thrilled he’s scoring big goals for them.
Oh wait it’s the preseason.
Oh wait Vancouver gave up on him.

Didn't like the trade at the time but so much time has passed, move on.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Zibanejad extends with the Rangers. 8.5M x 8YRs.

Obligatory reminder that all we have for trading this elite #1 center is JBD, Gustavsson and Tychonick.

Reactions: DrEasy

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Ourf takes him to 37

that’s a little long

wonder if they are out of eichel now . Sens should strike

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
came to post this. Different part of their careers but Tkachuk at 8.4+ is insane. Intangibles are great but man

Zibanejad has the 10th most points of any center in the last 3 years and 19th most points of any forward.

He's also the far better two-way player. Ridiculous that Tkachuk should demand anywhere close to as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad