Around the NHL - Episode XLXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
it took Nashville 22 games to realize Boro isn't an NHLer, despite the 4m commitment.

he played 375 games with us, many of whom in which we were trying to actively compete.

not sure what our GM/pro scouts are smoking but it must be good stuff.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
it took Nashville 22 games to realize Boro isn't an NHLer, despite the 4m commitment.

he played 375 games with us, many of whom in which we were trying to actively compete.

Players who sacrifice their bodies that much also have a very short shelf-life expectancy. Boro is 32 y/o now, probably "broken-down" and didn't he have concussion issues?

Boro in his prime was a nice depth player that you could have as a 6th/7th. We unfortunately played him too much at times (because we haven't invested the $$$ required to create depth in almost a decade)

You can't half-ass spend and expect to be a contender year in and year out. You can have some nice runs there and there but to be among the best every year? Not realistic. Or you take the thing down to the ground and with excellent drafting, you become competitive until your guys outprice themselves out of the city. Such is the sad reality of the Ottawa poor-Senators.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Maybe it was the mental health issues that he had last year and recently wrote about.... I hear they can negatively impact your performance at work

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Maybe it was the mental health issues that he had last year and recently wrote about.... I hear they can negatively impact your performance at work

Not that this couldn't have had an impact but it's pretty common for a player to go from a team where he has a role to another better team and fail. Boro barely had his spot here for a good portion of his career until he had a good couple seasons towards the end here and started to play better (mostly because of Demelo honestly..). Overall it's pretty clear to me that he always was a borderline NHLer, we have/had one of the worst D's in the league and he was part of the 3rd pairing. I think it's also likely that his mental health issues were amplified by the fact that he wasn't playing well and was seeing his role slip away on a new team that made an investment towards him.

It's no secret our defense wasn't very good. A guy like Zaitsev on a better team might not even get more that 14-15 minutes a night for example. J.Brown probably doesn't play on a better team and same for Mete, Holden, MDZ ...

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Not that this couldn't have had an impact but it's pretty common for a player to go from a team where he has a role to another better team and fail. Boro barely had his spot here for a good portion of his career until he had a good couple seasons towards the end here and started to play better. Overall it's pretty clear to me that he always was a borderline NHLer, we have/had one of the worst D's in the league and he was part of the 3rd pairing. I think it's also likely that his mental health issues were amplified by the fact that he wasn't playing well and was seeing his role slip away on a new team that made an investment towards him.

You should read what he wrote if you didn't get the chance to yet

Reactions: Boud

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com

Left Ankle fracture says Friedman. Weird thing is they say he was going to start season with the Kings but only room for him was on the 4th line. His development would have stalled or I feel like they would have been forced to send him to AHL for rest of season where he would get meaningful minutes.

Kings have a bit of a logjam at Center and will need to make room so Byfield can get in on that 3rd or 2nd line but with Kopitar Danault, and Vilardi they may have to move someone to wing or trade.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

What an enigma.

We talk about Logan Brown and all the skill but no drive - I see the same thing with Laine.

One of the best shots in the league, size, hands yet he just leaves you wanting. That play was sick and shows just about his full package but you so rarely see it.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

Boro regressed last year. But he was always a 6th-7th D man at the best of times.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
No regrets taking pinto obviously but kaliyev played 13:46 yesterday and had 3 goals,1 assist

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
What an enigma.

We talk about Logan Brown and all the skill but no drive - I see the same thing with Laine.

One of the best shots in the league, size, hands yet he just leaves you wanting. That play was sick and shows just about his full package but you so rarely see it.

Laine has actually be productive though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad