Around the NHL - Episode XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Today's the day!

Couldnt get our annual playoff draft back together. Everyone has a different reason. Guess we'd have to wait until after the play in so as to only draft from the final 16 although it sounds like in play-in points will count in playoff standings? Most dont seem to think the playoffs will finish anyway or have lost a bit of interest. So much randomness to this years draft with forfeited games and key players sitting out that i couldnt get the draft back together. First time we missed one in decades.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Verbs are words that show an action, occurrence, or state of being.

He sat there, eating this lunch, while he leafs through the pages of the book.
Thanks for the lesson on that very difficult subject.

Yes, I’m sure that’s what their team name is when they are the Maple Leafs with the logo of a Maple Leaf. Only to throw off the scent of actually being named for skimming the pages.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Verbs are words that show an action, occurrence, or state of being.

He sat there, eating this lunch, while he leafs through the pages of the book.

Yes, I’m sure that’s what their team name is when they are the Maple Leafs with the logo of a Maple Leaf. Only to throw off the scent of actually being named for skimming the pages.

Now that was a funny exchange.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

And people were claiming our team name was boring...

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Anyone watching the Philly vs Pitts game? What do you think of the crowd sounds? Do the player even here it? There seems to be a double delay in the sound at times.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Missed the Flyers game. I was expecting i would watch the end of the Jays game before switching over but the pull of hockey got to me. Im glad they are piping in some crowd sounds like a sitcom laugh track. It does make it better to watch. That camera angle from the 360 camera is pretty neat. The ice looks wider from that perspective for some reason. But is nice to see hockey again, even if only an exhibition game between two teams i hate. Had to go to nhl.com to try and remember the rosters its been so long.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Kinda half watching the game...don't care for the fake crowd noises. Whole thing feels a bit weird.

Feels more like a training camp evaluation scrimmage.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Ed-0BQmWoAEbW8J

Cool, Ethan Bear's Jersey in Cree.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
I find it weird that the visiting team still gets their celebration horn and music when they score. I hope tho Nashville will get their chant You Suck! As well the Islanders chant.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
So after a summers worth of no hockey, one exhibition game is enough to get ready for playoff hockey? Interesting precedent.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
This is absolute garbage. No crowd, not atmosphere, no intensity. Can’t believe the NHL implemented this terrible idea. Then there’s the draft debacle too. What a load of shit.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
This is absolute garbage. No crowd, not atmosphere, no intensity. Can’t believe the NHL implemented this terrible idea. Then there’s the draft debacle too. What a load of shit.

I think the intensity problem will solve itself on Saturday.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I jurned tuned into the last couple of seconds of the Oilers-Calgary game and i still hate this playoff olympic style tournament.

Reactions: branch

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I jurned tuned into the last couple of seconds of the Oilers-Calgary game and i still hate this playoff olympic style tournament.

I can see them adopting it as the ‘new format’ going forward. It’s more exciting for fans and would increase playoff revenue. The best part is it actually might offset the NBA/NHL playoff schedule enough where the finals are separated by more than a week.

I’m a dinosaur and prefer the existing format - but separation from the NBA’s schedule would be a huge gain for the league.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I can see them adopting it as the ‘new format’ going forward. It’s more exciting for fans and would increase playoff revenue. The best part is it actually might offset the NBA/NHL playoff schedule enough where the finals are separated by more than a week.

I’m a dinosaur and prefer the existing format - but separation from the NBA’s schedule would be a huge gain for the league.

If NHL adopts this 24 playoff team format for every season, then i am done with the NHL. The regular season would be completely f***ing pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad