Around the NHL - Episode XLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown

I was wondering about that. On the one hand its cool hearing everything said on the ice. That is a neat perk that makes up a bit for no fans cheering. But on the other hand, that could quickly lead to the Lady Byng never being awarded again. Some things said on the ice could lead to parents censoring the games for kids. It will be an interesting balance.

Feels like 5 seconds isn't enough.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I was wondering about that. On the one hand its cool hearing everything said on the ice. That is a neat perk that makes up a bit for no fans cheering. But on the other hand, that could quickly lead to the Lady Byng never being awarded again. Some things said on the ice could lead to parents censoring the games for kids. It will be an interesting balance.

Anything breaking or even boarderline breaking from John Shannon is pretty amazing

Reactions: Ed Wood

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa

They should have uncensored coverage on one of the alternate Sportsnet channels. I'm here for the chirps.

Reactions: DrEasy

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Was watching sports highlights last night for the first time in a while. Felt like comfort food. Cant shake that feeling that im anticipating watching the return the way i'd watch a nascar race for the pending crashes though. I so hope this works.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Looks pretty minor league to me. Not a fan of the logo.

This logo would have been way better.

1brSoK_0POtPfvN00

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
That is hilarious. I can accept the colour scheme and the logo, they will grow on me, but Kraken?!

I cannot stop cracking up over that name.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Super minor league, especially the shoulder patches. I feel like Sockeyes would've allowed for a cleaner look. "Kraken" is just cartoonish all around.
Yeah I guess it will have to grow on people that this is it. But it does really look like a minor league style. I was all on board for the Sockeyes

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I like the name and jersey but the colour scheme is definitely not my cup of tea.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Kraken name is Terrible, IMO, but lots of others seem to like it. I suppose it will grow on me.
Dislike the logo (cartoon-y eye bugs me, looks like a minor league logo overall) and does this league really need another blue-dominant sweater? Really? With all of the colour opportunities they had (green base, or even that salmon colour) they go with blue. yawn...

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Kraken name is Terrible, IMO, but lots of others seem to like it. I suppose it will grow on me.
Dislike the logo (cartoon-y eye bugs me, looks like a minor league logo overall) and does this league really need another blue-dominant sweater? Really? With all of the colour opportunities they had (green base, or even that salmon colour) they go with blue. yawn...

They are going with an ocean theme though, they have limited options in that sense. It does however look like a cross between Canucks and Sharks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad