Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I have an Evander Kane bobble head with his chihuahua that was given out at the game I attended in San Jose a couple years ago. Blues lost in OT, but they got revenge by winning the WCF that season.

Reactions: Blueston

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Wish the league seemed to take an organizational cover up of sexual assault within one of their flagship organizations as seriously as the Kane stuff, but I am not surprised that's not been the case.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Wish the league seemed to take an organizational cover up of sexual assault within one of their flagship organizations as seriously as the Kane stuff, but I am not surprised that's not been the case.
tone was already set with the canadiens joke of a presser about mallioux. if there's money to be lost, that's not a viable route. and there's certainly money to be lost from a major organization if they held their feet to the fire. so, onward we go with this joke too.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
The Kane situation could theoretically have been affecting the integrity of games, but then again, they did just sweep the Tim Peel thing under the rug as fast as they could.

Meanwhile, they're going to ignore the Chicago stuff as much as they can simply because they don't care.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
The Kane situation could theoretically have been affecting the integrity of games, but then again, they did just sweep the Tim Peel thing under the rug as fast as they could.

Meanwhile, they're going to ignore the Chicago stuff as much as they can simply because they don't care.
Was Kane ever good enough to make an impact on games.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO

I understand that the allegation of a player throwing games (or gambling on their own games, period) is going to cause waves. I question how much impact a winger can really have on throwing their team's games, but that's not really the point. I just think the refusal to speak about the Chicago situation really at all, much less come down on the organization, is pretty pitiful.

You are right though these are giant organizations and none of us should expect the NHL/Chicago/any team to do the right thing.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO

I must have been asleep. What is the "Chicago stuff?"

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Thanks for the info. Its a shock to think that an NHL player can be the victim of a sexual assault, and the perp got away with no beating.
I’m not shocked at all. This shit happens all the time and some people allow it for whatever reason.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I think it is alleged that a prospect was threatened by a baseball bat once.
Plus if you're trying to make it in the NHL and you're young and inexperienced it's not that hard to imagine that you are eventually succumb to pressure.
It's not really black and white.

Very strange, but yeah, I guess.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
How can you let somebody sexually assault you unless you are gay already? You bring that shit near me you’ll be swallowing your teeth for lunch. Not sure how others would handle it, but that’s my mentality.

No. Just...no. The coach had control. We're talking about young players still getting their bearings in the league. The coach could easily bury them in the minors, ruin their careers if they resist. That's the main thing I can think of.

And no, people who are sexually-assaulted by a person of the same gender aren't gay, much like the assaulter likely isn't gay. The perps get off on the power they have over a victim. The victims aren't gay just because they're sexually assaulted; we're talking, again, about power dynamics. Most rapists/molesters don't do it because of sexual orientation; they do it because of power and making themselves feel big.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
No. Just...no. The coach had control. We're talking about young players still getting their bearings in the league. The coach could easily bury them in the minors, ruin their careers if they resist. That's the main thing I can think of.

And no, people who are sexually-assaulted by a person of the same gender aren't gay, much like the assaulter likely isn't gay. The perps get off on the power they have over a victim. The victims aren't gay just because they're sexually assaulted; we're talking, again, about power dynamics. Most rapists/molesters don't do it because of sexual orientation; they do it because of power and making themselves feel big.

I guess. It’s just hard for me to comprehend that. I guess I’m not wired that way to understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad