Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I’m just sayin, if a coach is trying to boof me, he’s going to get a baseball bat to his skull. Ill end it with that. Move on
I am sure many people sexually assaulted would have said that before it happened to them.

Also, it pretty astounding when people try to shift blame to the victims of the crimes committed.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I’m not shocked at all. This shit happens all the time and some people allow it for whatever reason.

It happens all the time? And some people allow it?

I am too old ( and have seen something of the world ) to be naive. But my answer to those two questions is "no" to both

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
On to other mysteries.

How can the GM of Minnesota think that the team should buy out Ryan Suter's last 4 years and Dallas's GM give him a new contract for four years?

One of these two men is going to look very foolish in 2025.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
On to other mysteries.

How can the GM of Minnesota think that the team should buy out Ryan Suter's last 4 years and Dallas's GM give him a new contract for four years?

It might have something to do with a possible cap recapture penalty (CRP) if Suter or Parise would've retired before their contract ran out. Suter and Parise's contracts are two of the contracts that risk the highest CRP. Don't know the exact numbers, but I expect the Wild did a risk analysis and rather said their goodbye's to two decent players than risking the chance they eventually would have to pay a CRP. I guess buying them out would cost the Wild a lot less than possibly paying CRP for multiple years for either Suter or Parise. Or both.

This is also a reason why Chicago is laughing it's ass of for Edmonton to take on Keith's contract, who now also risk a huge CRP if Keith retires before his contract ends.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
It happens all the time? And some people allow it?

I am too old ( and have seen something of the world ) to be naive. But my answer to those two questions is "no" to both

I wouldn't say it happens all the time, but I guess it happens more often then a lot of us would think (for example having to do specific stuff during hazing: wasn't there a story from a while ago where seniors from a CHL-team had the rookies put the tip of a broomstick into a place the sun usually doesn't shine?). A lot of male victims don't have the courage to come out as a part of society would see them as weak. I think we all think we like to beat the living shit out of a predator, but unfortunatly it doesn't always happen when it actually happens. A victim can freeze up or actually does what the predator wants because they're affraid doing otherwise would hurt their career, or whatever.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
On to other mysteries.

i think dallas' gm is closer to getting axed than minnesota's so the suter gamble will need to pay off for dallas this year

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
It might have something to do with a possible cap recapture penalty (CRP) if Suter or Parise would've retired before their contract ran out. Suter and Parise's contracts are two of the contracts that risk the highest CRP. Don't know the exact numbers, but I expect the Wild did a risk analysis and rather said their goodbye's to two decent players than risking the chance they eventually would have to pay a CRP. I guess buying them out would cost the Wild a lot less than possibly paying CRP for multiple years for either Suter or Parise. Or both.

This is also a reason why Chicago is laughing it's ass of for Edmonton to take on Keith's contract, who now also risk a huge CRP if Keith retires before his contract ends.
IIRC Keith only has 2 more years on his deal. So he’ll either play them out or he’ll suddenly acquire an “allergic reaction” to some random thing and will be LTIR’d

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
On to other mysteries.

You are ignoring the cost of those 4 years, and that an expansion draft occurred between them. Suter at $7.5M with an NMC before the expansion draft is different than $3.65+ with no expansion draft on the horizon. It's not like Minnesota waived Suter for the purposes of a buyout and Dallas grabbed the same contract immediately.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Out of every defensive signing this off-season that was over 8.5 million only one deserved his caphit. And that's Hamilton. These contracts are baaaad.

Also pretty excited to see how EDM is going to ice a competitive team after this upcoming season.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Didn’t Nurse like double his career shooting % this year? I’m sure that’s sustainable. Ken Holland’s wild and wacky off-season rolls on.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Out of every defensive signing this off-season that was over 8.5 million only one deserved his caphit. And that's Hamilton. These contracts are baaaad.

Also pretty excited to see how EDM is going to ice a competitive team after this upcoming season.
They'll have $30M tied up in McDavid, Nurse and Draisaitl next season and not even a sniff at a decent goalie.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeaaah I’m a big fan of his game, but woof that deal is terrible. Also the Ceci deal, trading for Keith with the idea that Larsson would be his partner and then letting him slip to Seattle. Just awful.
Their defense is shockingly awful. They traded Bear too, and Klefbom is injured.

So they better hope Bouchard becomes an absolute stud or else they’re f***ed.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Is it official? 8x9.25 seems like an overpay...
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Blues Knight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad