Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Is Vegas seriously exempt from the expansion draft? That's jacked up
Well, they are, but the rest of the story is that they are exempt from the Seattle expansion because they are not sharing in the distribution of Seattle's expansion fee. You can argue either way, but it would have been unfair for them to lose a player to an expansion team when they did not get a cut of the franchise fee for that team's entry into the league.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
In the current climate, I think the value of the fee is a lot more than the cost of the player. Vegas would probably jump at the chance to be included.

Reactions: Blueston

Punished ROR

a hero denied by hortons
Jul 3, 2006

Got a kick out of this play last night from Acciari. Reminiscent of the infamous noncall when Bozak tripped him in the Final, and Acciari went flying through the air like he had rockets on his skates.

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
Well, they are, but the rest of the story is that they are exempt from the Seattle expansion because they are not sharing in the distribution of Seattle's expansion fee. You can argue either way, but it would have been unfair for them to lose a player to an expansion team when they did not get a cut of the franchise fee for that team's entry into the league.
Ah. I assumed it was because they were so new. But still, wouldn't they rather get a cut of the fee? Seems odd.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Zezel’s Pretzels

May 25, 2019
I didn't know people harbored hate for Minny fans. I don't get that at all. They NEVER should have lost the North Stars. Fans in that state get a lifetime pass for that alone, in my book. And they're generally good people. If the Blues don't do it, I'd be pretty stoked for Minnesota to make a run.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I do expect to see a Vegas player or two end up in the Seattle organization. Even though the Knights are not losing a player in the expansion draft, it does present the possibility of a cap dump that they desperately need.

Reactions: MissouriMook

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Why do the capitals act like morons everytime they score a goal?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Likely so. But the other clubs didn't want to share fee with them.
If I’m remembering correctly, they were both initially expected to be part of the same expansion class but it took longer for the Seattle group to come together and they didn’t want Vegas to have to wait.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Draft lottery is June 2, and here are the odds

Knowing the way it works we will be hearing, "with the 1st Pick of the 2021 NHL Draft the New York Rangers are proud to select...." :sarcasm:

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Which underrated/sneaky good players do you wish were on the Blues? Ekholm might be considered in the category since he's a defense first kinda guy, but I really wish we could've gotten someone like Trocheck or Marchessault from Florida or had a guy like Pesce on this team. I'd prefer if we had the 2019 roster, but with players leaving and retiring, I'm wondering how Armstrong could retool if this were NHL 21.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Which underrated/sneaky good players do you wish were on the Blues? Ekholm might be considered in the category since he's a defense first kinda guy, but I really wish we could've gotten someone like Trocheck or Marchessault from Florida or had a guy like Pesce on this team. I'd prefer if we had the 2019 roster, but with players leaving and retiring, I'm wondering how Armstrong could retool if this were NHL 21.
I always like Konecny in Philly. Not a super star by any stretch, but given how underwhelming the winger depth on the team looks with Schwartz and Tarasenko fading, he would be a nice boost.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
That sneaky little guy in Arizona....

Reactions: ezcreepin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad