Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
If this is the Boston team that shows up the rest of the series, Toronto is going to have a hell of a road in front of them.

And as I'm typing that, the Leafs have a shift where they just camp out in the Bruins zone and keep them pinned in, and then finally get a Kadri deflection to score.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
If you're a diehard Bruins fan or a Leafs fan, I swear every game of this series takes at least a year off your life expectancy. Tonight was probably good for at least -4 for Leafs fans.

Reactions: JoshFromMO

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Toronto got outplayed pretty badly tonight. Toronto got royally shafted by the referees tonight.

Two statements that are not mutually exclusive and both are accurate.

I didn't think the knee DeBrusk hit was intentional. Should have been a minor penalty, but I don't think it's a suspension worthy hit. The one on Marleau definitely wasn't good, but Kadri as usual went way over the line. He honestly should be looking at a 5 game suspension. He got 3 playoff games last year so now he's a repeat offender, and this is arguably worse.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
That bruins leafs series is getting spicy.

I hope we wrap up our series fast so I can focus on that series some more.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
So does Kadri get traded this summer? Leafs can't be paying a guy who does dumb stuff in crucial situations all the time. He's going to get suspended in the playoffs again. In terms of moving a forward for a RHD, seems like this would be the logical choice for them.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Dare I say the Avs and Flames look about even in terms of talent?

On paper, the Flames should be better, but the Avs don't look outclassed.

Imagine the conference landscape if the Avs do the unthinkable.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Dare I say the Avs and Flames look about even in terms of talent?

On paper, the Flames should be better, but the Avs don't look outclassed.

Imagine the conference landscape if the Avs do the unthinkable.

Part of me is going to be upset if the Avs bounce Calgary in the first round... I'm in Calgary for 2 months of training, starting the 23rd - I hope to catch a playoff game while I'm in town.

Reactions: shmotz

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Part of me is going to be upset if the Avs bounce Calgary in the first round... I'm in Calgary for 2 months of training, starting the 23rd - I hope to catch a playoff game while I'm in town.

I'm sorry. The selfish Blues fan in me wants to see a potential threat go down early. :(

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I'm sorry. The selfish Blues fan in me wants to see a potential threat go down early. :(

And that's why it's only part of me that wants Calgary to make the 2nd round - I don't care who they're playing, I just want to be able to go to my first playoff game!

A Blues vs Flames game would be great, but I too would rather not face Calgary on our path to a cup!

Reactions: shmotz

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Watched NHL Network and they were discussing the rivalry between Reaves and Kane. They said that if they fought, Kane would certainly be capable of taking out Reaves because of his boxing training. I thought that was so preposterous. Reaves would destroy Kane.

Guess Reaves' boxing training doesn't count. Maybe they haven't seen any of his other fights. Such a weird position to take.

Boxing is very different from hockey fighting. Being good at one wouldn't nessarily make you good at the other.

Reactions: Mud the ACAS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad