Around The NHL Discussion 2018-2019 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
To continue the point on Columbus.

The main thing people need to remember is they edged out wins against Washington last year, both in OT, and both with mediocre games from Grubauer. Then they switched up to Holtby and the series was done. This Columbus team didn’t “edge out” Tampa. They dominated them, and embarrassed them. And now Tampa might be out there best forward going into game 3. This feels pretty damn real to me.

trevorftw

Voice of Reason
Sep 7, 2009
Saint Louis
Watched NHL Network and they were discussing the rivalry between Reaves and Kane. They said that if they fought, Kane would certainly be capable of taking out Reaves because of his boxing training. I thought that was so preposterous. Reaves would destroy Kane.

Guess Reaves' boxing training doesn't count. Maybe they haven't seen any of his other fights. Such a weird position to take.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
The Kucherov hit was very obviously a 2-3 game hit, you can make an argument either way. 1 game is a joke, but unsurprising.

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
Honestly? 5 years ago, Kuch wouldn't have gotten a game. Should have been 2, but i can live with 1 playoff game.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Watched NHL Network and they were discussing the rivalry between Reaves and Kane. They said that if they fought, Kane would certainly be capable of taking out Reaves because of his boxing training. I thought that was so preposterous. Reaves would destroy Kane.

Guess Reaves' boxing training doesn't count. Maybe they haven't seen any of his other fights. Such a weird position to take.

I'd happily take that bet and all their money they put up. Someone should probably let them know that Matt Cooke and Ryan Reaves are very different propositions and that Kane's precious little boxing training probably won't be something he'll be able to utilize as Reaves is feeding him rights like a jack hammer.

Reactions: trevorftw

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think the Kuch suspension is fair. Tampa is in real trouble.

Columbus really needs to win game 3 and put them away. If they give Tampa any sort of life I think the Bolts can come back.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Every so often, I see an article that's written by Greg Wyshnyski and know that it's probably crap, but I still read it thinking he's saying something that's semi-intelligent and/or not contradictory to something he said in the past ... and then I read it and remember why I still think his hockey knowledge is perpetually overrated and wonder yet again how he's got a job covering hockey in any capacity.

And then I realize he's writing for ESPN and remember there's practically no knowledge required there to cover hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad