OT: Around the NHL - Dallas/Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Malkin's playoff point record of the cap era may be back in jeopardy. Kucherov up to 30 now. If this goes a few more games, might be tight.

@ColePens, if Kucherov hits or esclipses Malkin's 2006 point total, he's got a shot at the Conn Smythe (although the low goal total will detract).

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Or Point lol. Those would be the guys I would look at from Tampa.

As for Dallas, Heiskanen has been really, really good and Pavelski has delivered. However, Khudobin has to get it if the Stars win.

Reactions: KIRK

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Nope.

Jokes aside, Kucherov's PPG is a little lighter and he's not putting pucks in the net.

But, that 36 points . . . if Kucherov hits or exceeds it, I think it's him or Hedman.

Forgot they included the round robin games. Kuch has 3 extra games then. Eh, if it's close, I'm still gonna mentally limbo my way into saying Malkin retains the title lol.

Be happy Dallas knocked the Avs out, Mack was looking like he was a shoe in for 40-45.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Forgot they included the round robin games. Kuch has 3 extra games then. Eh, if it's close, I'm still gonna mentally limbo my way into saying Malkin retains the title lol.

Be happy Dallas knocked the Avs out, Mack was looking like he was a shoe in for 40-45.

Oh **** . . . that explains why his PPG is so low.

BUT, taking out the play in round, Kucherov is at 28 points in 19 games. Goal total still sucks, but if this thing goes longer and he hits 36 points, I think when you're talking 'tied for the most playoff points in a season since the Lemieux/Gretzky era', then you're going to be a top Conn Smythe favorite.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Oh **** . . . that explains why his PPG is so low.

BUT, taking out the play in round, Kucherov is at 28 points in 19 games. Goal total still sucks, but if this thing goes longer and he hits 36 points, I think when you're talking 'tied for the most playoff points in a season since the Lemieux/Gretzky era', then you're going to be a top Conn Smythe favorite.

No chance. Hedman is a media heart throb.

Reactions: KIRK and BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
TSN just showed a graphic of where Hedman’s goals (in a single postseason) rank all-time for defensemen. I think he’s getting the CS.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I think it was his sophomore season (I remember Tocchet was the coach) where the Bolts used an absurd number of defensemen. Hedman, IIRC, played in all 82 games and played all of the tough minutes. Mind you, they were still rebuilding at that point.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColePens

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
There's only been a billion "why the Lightning were right with Hedman" articles on NHL.com since the playoffs started.

I really haven't been following the stories, but yeah if that's the case I get the 'it's going to be Hedman' sentiment.

Reactions: BHD

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I really hope Tampa can end this in 5 games. Not much of the off season stuff is 100% set in stone, so I wonder if they can move up the draft and the off season a little earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad