OT: Around the NHL - Dallas/Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Yeah, most of the penalties called were real enough (though the one on Palat was a bit puzzling) but the change in refereeing standard depending on the score and the timing is maddening nevertheless.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Am I the only one that saw that Perry choke hold done with a stick as leverage in the choke?

That's incredibly dangerous and stupid and suspendable for the rest of the playoffs if that is what I saw in that play.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
The boys at TSN are saying McDavid and Draisaitl need to change the way they play to win in the playoffs. How about, I dunno, improving the talent around them first. Crazy idea.

maybe even some playoff caliber goal tending and defense ?

Reactions: BHD

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
That too. I don't know how you look at that roster and think those two are the issue.

Seriously. They're the closest thing to 87 and 71 as a duo the league has seen in this era. Shit worked out for us when we built the supporting cast properly.

Reactions: Andy99 and BHD

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The boys at TSN are saying McDavid and Draisaitl need to change the way they play to win in the playoffs. How about, I dunno, improving the talent around them first. Crazy idea.
It all starts for MM for the 14th overall. Perhaps we can interest them in a slightly used Rust and they can ship off a Nurse to Pens D.

Reactions: BHD

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013

Star-bashing is the NHL-est thing ever. Can't be blaming the oldboy GMs for building a crap team or the borderline NHLers that are costing their team on every shift.

Reactions: Al Smith and BHD

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Let’s be honest. We drafted into it.

Talbot, Fleury, Letang, Scuderi, Orpik, Kennedy, Whitney, Malone. Solid support pieces for those 08 and 09 squads.

And it was back when Shero still had his fastball as a horse trader.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Yep, it's the fault of the two franchise cornerstones, not the crappy job management did vis-a-vis trying to surround them with the right mix of talent.

Trying to think where I've seen this play before . . . :huh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yep, it's the fault of the two franchise cornerstones, not the crappy job management did vis-a-vis trying to surround them with the right mix of talent.

Trying to think where I've seen this play before . . . :huh:

Clearly what the Oilers need are more players like ZAR. You know, guys who play "the right way", not like those 100+ point guys who do weird things like score goals or produce points.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Let’s be honest. We drafted into it.

Talbot, Fleury, Letang, Scuderi, Orpik, Kennedy, Whitney, Malone. Solid support pieces for those 08 and 09 squads.

well that is a little bit of rose colored glasses. Let's be real our supporting cast is stronger in the most recent runs. A young in their prime SId+Geno can carry along a much weaker supporting cast. Geno damn near won the series against the Canes on his own in 09. fast forward to 16, our 3rd line terrorized opponents, our winger on the 3rd line maybe should have won the Conn Smythe.

Point is for the Oil. They need to sort the supporting cast and goalie out immediately. no more 5 year plans. Colorado is going to be right up against it with contracts in a couple of years so they need to strike now as well. Grubaurer getting hurt is really the only reason they didn't beat dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad