OT: Around the NHL - Dallas/Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
When you watch Dallas... you see one heck of a team. And i am not talking just a roster. That team is PLAYING like a team. Vegas did tremendous at stopping the Dallas entry for most of the game. It went enter, drop, turnover. They couldn't get anything going. NEVER did Dallas panic. They just kept running. Then they got garbage goals.

I see more panic in Tampa's game, but a better roster. I just see a damn good team in Dallas. They are playing tremendous.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I think Dallas takes it tbh I feel like Tampa is struggling with injuries and could see Dallas’ play style easily taking out Point and Hedman.

If Khudobin can keep it going. We rarely see goalies like him sustain that level of play in net all throughout.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think a Tampa vs Dallas series would largely hinge on TB's health. Point needs to be healthy. I also think TB is better in the middle of the ice than either Vegas or Colorado. Their forwards are a bit more slippery, in particular their top six. If TB is healthy minus Stamkos they win. If they're less than healthy who knows.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Way to piss away a Cup VGK. God, I f***ing hate the garbage rope-a-dope shit Dallas plays. TB better smoke them in the finals.

Lehner with the MM special in OT. Loser.

Reactions: wheelz87

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I mean, I consider all of Seguin, Benn, and Pavelski "elite" despite what their regular season might indicate.

I don't know if I through Radulov in that mix, but he's close.
Out of curiosity would you take any of those players over Kucherov or Point?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Out of curiosity would you take any of those players over Kucherov or Point?

Hm. I dunno, I think I'd take prime Benn over them for sure though.

I watched a ton of Dallas around that time and Benn was just otherworldly at times. People say his Art Ross was undeserved and I completely disagree. Dude was a Bertuzzi level power forward in his prime.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Borgir

Jan 16, 2010
dEdmonton Alberta
Way to piss away a Cup VGK. God, I f***ing hate the garbage rope-a-dope shit Dallas plays. TB better smoke them in the finals.

Lehner with the MM special in OT. Loser.

tenor.gif

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Hm. I dunno, I think I'd take prime Benn over them for sure though.
I wouldn't hell no. The thing is, it's been a long time that a favorite has lost in the Cup finals I believe. With the exception of last year you'd have to go back to 2009 when we beat the Wings to find the underdog win the cup. Also, Pittsburgh was expected to win all those years only to fall short, then Washington before they finally one. I see a similar pattern here with the Bolts. But again they need to be relatively healthy. They're more mobile, have the better goalie, more high end talent and better quality depth.

Reactions: AlmostThere242

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I wouldn't hell no. The thing is, it's been a long time that a favorite has lost in the Cup finals I believe. Maybe with the exception of last year you'd have to go back to 2009 when we beat the Wings to fine the underdog win the cup. Also, Pittsburgh was expected to win all those years only to fall short, then Washington before they finally one. I see a similar pattern here with the Bolts. But again they need to be relatively healthy. They're more mobile, have the better goalie, more high end talent and better quality depth.

I imagine you never watched prime Benn then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->