OT: Around the NHL: Countdown to the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Then the Pens need to match the intensity and desperation. No more excuses. No more “easing into” games Mike Tomlin style...

I can't remember a time it hasn't been like that. Even the bad memories from the 2001 playoffs.

Even guys like Sergei Brylin, they'd be meh consistently, but then it's the Pens and he's suddenly Pavel f***ing Datsyuk.

Reactions: Dey so soff*

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
These guys spend a lot of time away from their family all to be able to retire early, live a great quality of life, and be with them. It's a shame. Terrible for both Staal and EK.

Is it SIDS? It's very important that the first 3 months of an infants life is closely monitored, no sleeping in a crib alone, someone always near by. It's like a legit fear of mine to see a family member go through it or even myself. It has to be tough for anyone, not an easy subject to talk about but even 2yrs ago when we had a miscarriage, it really affected me like 4 months after I had found out, just randomly sitting in my office and wham, like a gut punch by Mike Tyson in his prime, I was doubled over in intense grief.

So I feel for Karlsson and Staal and even Stajan a while back.

Reactions: vabm8 and ColePens

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Is it SIDS? It's very important that the first 3 months of an infants life is closely monitored, no sleeping in a crib alone, someone always near by. It's like a legit fear of mine to see a family member go through it or even myself. It has to be tough for anyone, not an easy subject to talk about but even 2yrs ago when we had a miscarriage, it really affected me like 4 months after I had found out, just randomly sitting in my office and wham, like a gut punch by Mike Tyson in his prime, I was doubled over in intense grief.

So I feel for Karlsson and Staal and even Stajan a while back.
No, they were 8 months along.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
No, they were 8 months along.

Wow that's rough. My gf's good friend at work found out during her pregnancy that the baby didn't make it, but she still has to go to full term to give a stillbirth. I can't even imagine the heartache of having to do that. I just could never put that in to words for what women have to go through with that happening and the emotions surrounding it. That woman is a saint, even through that ordeal, SHE was apologizing to people about what happened to her. I bought her the biggest bouquet of flowers I could order that would deliver asap and sent it to her home in hopes of it momentarily brightening her day.

Reactions: vabm8

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Poor Karlsson and his family.

Wow that's rough. My gf's good friend at work found out during her pregnancy that the baby didn't make it, but she still has to go to full term to give a stillbirth. I can't even imagine the heartache of having to do that. I just could never put that in to words for what women have to go through with that happening and the emotions surrounding it. That woman is a saint, even through that ordeal, SHE was apologizing to people about what happened to her. I bought her the biggest bouquet of flowers I could order that would deliver asap and sent it to her home in hopes of it momentarily brightening her day.

Yeah, I can’t imagine what that does to someone mentally. I used to know someone whose aunt had, I think it was a placental abruption, near the due date. The mother almost died and the baby did but everyone was able to go in to say goodbye. Just awful stuff. Miscarriages in general are so private but they’re not talked about enough for how common they are.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Poor Karlsson and his family.

Yeah, I can’t imagine what that does to someone mentally. I used to know someone whose aunt had, I think it was a placental abruption, near the due date. The mother almost died and the baby did but everyone was able to go in to say goodbye. Just awful stuff. Miscarriages in general are so private but they’re not talked about enough for how common they are.

Yeah it's a tough subject. My gf didn't even want to tell me because she didn't want me to be sad about it, but my worry was how she was feeling and that it's not fair for her to keep that grief in and not have someone to lean on.

Reactions: vabm8

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Caps up 4-3 with 2 minutes left. Can Detroit stop their 10 game losing streak? Up 3-2 with 12 minutes left. I don't see them hanging on, they are horrible.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Detroit goes up 4-3 then immediately blows it. Have to giver the Flyers credit for showing fight on the road against a bottom feeder, something the Penguins didn't do tonight.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Good thing Detroit has all those red seats, it makes it hard to tell that 8,000 of those seats are empty. Damn that team gave those fans a quarter century of playoffs and they all jumped off just like that.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Flyers get a PP nearing the end of regulation. Should help set them up for 2 points.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
NJD/SJ off to a good start. Sharks somehow have looked blah every time I've watched them this season but look really sharp so far. Up 1-0 but trying to kill a 3 on 5.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Hall ties it up. Wonder if the Devils try to extend him. UFA in 2 years.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
3-1 Sharks. Devils are in major trouble if they go with Schneider more often than not.

Exciting fast paced game. I'm supposed to get between 12-18" of snow tomorrow so I am staying up to watch this one. Not counting on going to work.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Schneider is toast this year. Has no confidence and giving up such weak goals. I think he's due $24 million over the next 4 years. I am sure he'll rebound but think it's going to take an offseason. 4-1 Sharks. CS pulled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad