OT: Around the NHL: Countdown to the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
CBJ - NYR, PHILLY - DET, FLA - OTT, Wash - Dallas...
Man it seems our biggest opponents are just getting willed 2 points.

Devils have been earning their points. They have the Pens twice in their next 4 games. I am really anxious for those games.

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Devils have been earning their points. They have the Pens twice in their next 4 games. I am really anxious for those games.

What a finish this season is shaping up for. In the Metro at least.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Panthers have (on paper) the easiest schedule down the stretch. It's why it's going to suck when they inevitably lose one of those games. They've been on a tear, but you can't win every game.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Funny you're from Vancouver, I usually pick a west coast team (Vancouver was my team) during the playoffs to watch and root for because there is always the 7pm game and 10pm west coaster game and I always watch 2 games every day during the opening round.

A few years ago I loved the Montreal - Boston matchup that always seemed to happen and they would obliterate each other. Some of the best hockey I can remember outside of the Pens Flyers.

I was already a Pens fan before I moved to Vancouver although I’d never seen the Pens play or knew much them. The only game I’d seen in Australia was a Red Wings v someone. 6 goals were scored in the last period in a 4-3 game. I thought that was pretty cool (had no idea why teams got a powerplay lol). Back then we’d get 1 game a week.

A guy in Australia who I worked for had a lot of Mario memorabilia up on the walls and raved about him. So they were my team from them on and I don’t change once I choose a team even though I moved to Vancouver.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Jackets adding 3 solid vets (cheap) was the perfect deadline...not only getting production from them but it got everyone else going too.

Pens need to win division and avoid that first round matchup with them(get philly as a WC)

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I was already a Pens fan before I moved to Vancouver although I’d never seen the Pens play or knew much them. The only game I’d seen in Australia was a Red Wings v someone. 6 goals were scored in the last period in a 4-3 game. I thought that was pretty cool (had no idea why teams got a powerplay lol). Back then we’d get 1 game a week.

A guy in Australia who I worked for had a lot of Mario memorabilia up on the walls and raved about him. So they were my team from them on and I don’t change once I choose a team even though I moved to Vancouver.

We need a how you became a pens fan thread. I lived in PA as a kid and liked hockey, when it was unpopular and crazy expensive to play. My house league games at age 11 were at 4am on Saturday (man I give my father credit for working and getting me there).
I liked Messier, because as a kid it's just epic to see that, then I was so impressed by Devils, Marty B. So I was a rags fan and Dev's fan and still have their stanley cup posters.
But when I started to reach the age of reason and I loved Kovy, and still do with the blue line cut and rip a wrister, I followed the penguins since 98 I think?
Hockey fan a long time.... no idea why. Played throughout highschool, played roller hockey in the summers... still play open game pickups...

Reactions: Tom Hanks

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Doughty just made an incredible play to tie it up. 6 on 5 he's got the puck at the point. Makes it look like he's skating left, looking left... Minny's forward bites and Doughty rips it back right and in. (may have been tipped, not the point)

#thingsletangcantdo

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Doughty just made an incredible play to tie it up. 6 on 5 he's got the puck at the point. Makes it look like he's skating left, looking left... Minny's forward bites and Doughty rips it back right and in. (may have been tipped, not the point)

#thingsletangcantdo

Saw that...it was so awesome...I’m always hounding on the fact that Pens players don’t try enough of those deception plays....

EDIT...incredible win by the Kings!

Last edited:
Reactions: wheelz87

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Jackets adding 3 solid vets (cheap) was the perfect deadline...not only getting production from them but it got everyone else going too.

Pens need to win division and avoid that first round matchup with them(get philly as a WC)

They’re playing much better after the deadline. I can’t take them seriously until Bob proves us wrong in the POs....

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
They’re playing much better after the deadline. I can’t take them seriously until Bob proves us wrong in the POs....

Thats one area where weve been fortunate..taking down vezina goalies.

I do think he can do well if they play another team in the playoffw. They just happen to face us (twice with him?)

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

The Devils have always got up for the games against the Pens. They can have the worst games in a row, but the Pens show up and they're suddenly playing like they've been on a roll. Every damn time.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
The Devils have always got up for the games against the Pens. They can have the worst games in a row, but the Pens show up and they're suddenly playing like they've been on a roll. Every damn time.

Then the Pens need to match the intensity and desperation. No more excuses. No more “easing into” games Mike Tomlin style...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad