OT: Around the NHL: Countdown to the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
I've caught about 10 Sharks games this season and it seems like they've looked like pure crap in at least 8 of them. How the hell are they in 2nd place? Obviously I am missing the good games. Not impressed at all with them.

Reactions: Brandinho

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I've caught about 10 Sharks games this season and it seems like they've looked like pure crap in at least 8 of them. How the hell are they in 2nd place? Obviously I am missing the good games. Not impressed at all with them.

Hell, even the year that they played us in the finals, I wasn't impressed by them. They're obviously doing something right, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is whenever I watch them.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Hell, even the year that they played us in the finals, I wasn't impressed by them. They're obviously doing something right, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what it is whenever I watch them.

To be fair, nobody was impressive compared to the 16 Penguins. That was probably the best team of the modern era that wasn’t the 2008 Wings.

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
@Solzhenitsyn The Sharks were a legitimately good team, and even they had a hard time containing the Pens.

Rangers - were run out of their own building, Game 4 in particular.
Capitals - Back and forth, but, again, they (the Caps) couldn't handle them.
Lightning - the closest series if you're going by what counts (goals), but they still took it to them.
Sharks - They kept them in check during certain stretches, but couldn't do it over a six game series.

Reactions: td_ice

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Also, the Sharks are OK. Decent possession and balanced scoring, backed by solid goaltending. I can see them winning a round or two. But I guess it doesn't really matter. It feels like whoever wins the Pacific is going to get destroyed by the Central.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

I agree. Not sure how they aren't in the running for a top ten draft pick lol

Reactions: SirBrad

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
They play a tight system. Regardless of how pretty it looks, 10 of their skaters have managed to pot 10 or more goals.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Ducks were hurt.

Kings lost carter.

Calgary is Calgary so they are either dominate or lose 5-3.

Arizona, Edmonton, Vancouver.

That is how the Sharks are in second.

Also, while I think Vegas isn’t a paper tiger, that is why their record is so good as well.

Reactions: BHD

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Non sequitur but every time I hear Babcock speak it reminds me of Yogi Bear, a less coherent and articulate Yogi Bear...he's on NHL tonight right now....he needs to stop mumbling

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Watching the Islanders and Canucks because why not?

Anyhow like the Pens tonight, the Isles quickly blew a 2-0 lead. Tavares was interviewed after the period and the guy doesn't have much of a personality to begin with but damn - he was visibly done and miserable. Didn't want much to do with the interview. Just looks like a guy that wants out. I know a lot of people seem to think he'll stay with the Islanders but I can't see it.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Watching the Islanders and Canucks because why not?

Anyhow like the Pens tonight, the Isles quickly blew a 2-0 lead. Tavares was interviewed after the period and the guy doesn't have much of a personality to begin with but damn - he was visibly done and miserable. Didn't want much to do with the interview. Just looks like a guy that wants out. I know a lot of people seem to think he'll stay with the Islanders but I can't see it.

Why would you do that to yourself? Although I went to a Vancouver-New Jersey game this season lol.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

Looked like mostly butt. Luckily it wasn’t more of his back

Edit: the puck was nowhere near them! Boarding!

Edit part2: saw the video Clutterbuck had the puck just prior and Boeser tried to hit him.

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Not really funny but....perhaps they were.

Still, how can people be so dumb?? When you're dealing with any potential injuries pertaining to the spine/back/neck you don't **** around.

I’m still shocked at the role of the spotter in the crowd for head injuries.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Not really funny but....perhaps they were.

Still, how can people be so dumb?? When you're dealing with any potential injuries pertaining to the spine/back/neck you don't **** around.

#WarriorMentality

It’s stupid, if it happened in the street people would rightfully tell someone to stay down until paramedics got there if it was a safe place.

Maatta got pretty f***ed up from a hit into the door a few seasons back. Eat shit, niederreiter.

BlankFrank416

Feb 24, 2018
The stretcher should have no NHL with embarrassing. It’s problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
It's just a placeholder role so the NHL can try and say "b...but we have concision spotters!!" when the inevitable lawsuit happens.

Anywho..

Yeah I just saw that. Must of hit higher than it looked to me for it to be that serious. That could be lower back or possibly even the kidney areas.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
There's being a "warrior" and there's in this case...being a complete ****ing idiot. :shakehead

Dupuis is my best example of this. His knee got obliterated and he skated off because of something his father used to say. He found out he had blood clots and he knew the risks. After returning he didn’t tell the doctors about them returning immediately and kept playing. After his second comeback with some complicated treatment plan he had a scare or two and kept playing until he eventually called it quits. The entire time he was called a warrior and people acted like he’d died when he retired to not die and to live out his life with his family and retirement contract. There’s a lot of overlay and it’s encouraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->