OT: Around the NHL: Cernak for Conn Smythe

Status
Not open for further replies.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
What on earth is Fletcher doing?
NHL GM’s are probably the dumbest in pro sports as a collective… I don’t believe any of them really understand the cap and based on how they fritter away cap space and assets on obviously boneheaded moves, i find it hard to believe any one of them has more than 20 dollars in their personal checking accounts lol

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Maybe Hextall is secretly a Jedi pulling jedi mind tricks on other gms… actually by how evil these trades seem to be for tge teams in our division, maybe he is a sith lord… he did play in Philly after all.. cannot get nore dark side than that….

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Maybe Hextall is secretly a Jedi pulling jedi mind tricks on other gms… actually by how evil these trades seem to be for tge teams in our division, maybe he is a sith lord… he did play in Philly after all.. cannot get nore dark side than that….
it did look like he was using a light saber to chase rob brown. just say'en

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
This is just crazy today.

That Jones contract is ugly. Nice to see the Jackets sell off though. Another team in our division getting weaker.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
And people were whining about Miro Heiskanen's deal, I'd take him and his contact any day over Seth Jones and that deal Chicago just signed him to. I sure a **** would not want to have anything to do with the Blackhawks now or for the rest of my lifetime.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
That Jones contract is ugly.

Is he better than he showed last season? Sure. Will he be the player that other people seem to think he can be? I don't think so. He's a top pairing guy, but not at the level of other dmen making that money.

Regardless, Makar's camp must be thrilled about the contract.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Didnt catch many Blue Jackets’ games this season. I guess Jones fell off pretty hard if paying him 9.5 is such a travesty.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Yep. He’s over 10mil after that contract.

Didnt catch many Blue Jackets’ games this season. I guess Jones fell off pretty hard if paying him 9.5 is such a travesty.

He now carries the third-highest cap hit amongst blue liners. Only Karlsson and Doughty have higher cap hits. Is Jones worth more than Josi, Pietrangelo, Carlson, and Hedman? I don't think so.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He’s got OEL though. Might as well trade Hughes to the devils.
I honestly just want JT Miller. I'd ring that muppet up and be like hey Jim, we'll take JT off your hands for a fantastic 2-way winger that is an RFA in Zach Aston-Reese.

Then we can dump Zucker with a plan and just dump Pettersson because it's the right thing to do.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I honestly just want JT Miller. I'd ring that muppet up and be like hey Jim, we'll take JT off your hands for a fantastic 2-way winger that is an RFA in Zach Aston-Reese.

Then we can dump Zucker with a plan and just dump Pettersson because it's the right thing to do.
lol.

Don’t think the Nucks move him. He’s fit in well there.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
lol.

Don’t think the Nucks move him. He’s fit in well there.
The cap might have a word with them.

Even if they buyout Virtanen (minimal cap help) and trade Holtby (they then need a back-up because Demko could shit the bed and they'd have no insurance), they need to pay 2 very huge parts of their future and core in Pettersson and Hughes and one of them is easily one of the best young players in the game right now in Elias.

Seth Jones, who sucks, just got 9.5m/yr. Hughes is a dumpster fire defensively but offensively he's pretty close to elite if not already, in his short career he's put up 97pts in 129 games. Jones put up 104pts in his last 3 years (187 games, a 0.55ppg pace vs a young player already crushing 0.75ppg). Hughes is in the same range thanks to Jones.

Pettersson, wow that's a tough one. Apparently these locals think Pettersson might do a bridge deal in the vein of Barzal (7m/yr cap hit etc). The only difference is, Pettersson is better (0.88ppg vs 0.92ppg or something like that).

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
The cap might have a word with them.

Even if they buyout Virtanen (minimal cap help) and trade Holtby (they then need a back-up because Demko could shit the bed and they'd have no insurance), they need to pay 2 very huge parts of their future and core in Pettersson and Hughes and one of them is easily one of the best young players in the game right now in Elias.

Seth Jones, who sucks, just got 9.5m/yr. Hughes is a dumpster fire defensively but offensively he's pretty close to elite if not already, in his short career he's put up 97pts in 129 games. Jones put up 104pts in his last 3 years (187 games, a 0.55ppg pace vs a young player already crushing 0.75ppg). Hughes is in the same range thanks to Jones.

Pettersson, wow that's a tough one. Apparently these locals think Pettersson might do a bridge deal in the vein of Barzal (7m/yr cap hit etc). The only difference is, Pettersson is better (0.88ppg vs 0.92ppg or something like that).
Will be interesting to see. They definitely have some cap complications. Moved a lot of salary today though.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Pens will "help" Canucks out by trading them Matheson and Rust for JT.Miller and Schmidt. Thinking of their cap hits here, I expect them to reward us for it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig