Around The NHL #9 - The Meat Market is Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Who is the Sharks equivalent in this situation? Or do you guys love our players?

Me personally, I've always liked the Sharks and the Shark Tank. Nothing but respect for a challenging opponent and good hockey city.

That said, I wouldn't want Burns' or Karlsson's contracts on our ledger - they make OEL's look like chump change and you saw what we traded it for.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Me personally, I've always liked the Sharks and the Shark Tank. Nothing but respect for a challenging opponent and good hockey city.

That said, I wouldn't want Burns' or Karlsson's contracts on our ledger - they make OEL's look like chump change and you saw what we traded it for.

That Karlsson contract was a big oof

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Yeah, this is not the way they should treat OEL now, if they want to maximise the possibility of him playing good again.

On a side-note, I wonder if Garland gets offer-sheeted. He was producing on a 65 points pace last season. That used to be 6.5 mill, when people said 1 mill per 10 points. Go look at how much the Minny-fans think they should pay RFA Fiala, who had a similar point-production- arguably with a bit higher proportion of goals in it, and also a bit higher last year. But seriously, on a better team.
Coyotes should’ve offer-sheeted Garland. :laugh:

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Leave it to Vegas to make John Chayka look like the lesser douchebag.

If they're doing this to get Eichel - an Eichel who's probably going to be sidelined for a while with fusion surgery at that - then I feel really bad for their fans.
If he has a fusion, he may indeed be sidelined, but if he goes ADR, he could very well be good to go. Fusion takes a lot more bone growth, whereas ADR requires little.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
If he has a fusion, he may indeed be sidelined, but if he goes ADR, he could very well be good to go. Fusion takes a lot more bone growth, whereas ADR requires little.

From what I hear he was hoping to get the fusion surgery, and Buffalo denied it. Expecting him to press for it again wherever he ends up.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Coyotes should’ve offer-sheeted Garland. :laugh:

I seriously expected offer-sheeting from Kraken or something. They might have other targets. I know they couldn't have done it yet, but they must have had a way to hint to his agent, so he could stall just a little.

Anyhow, good for the Canucks to get him signed.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I seriously expected offer-sheeting from Kraken or something. They might have other targets.

Offer sheets are exceedingly rare these days, and I'd think a brand new franchise trying to establish some rapport with their fellows would probably not submarine that effort by tendering an offer sheet.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Holtby and Jones being bought out.

Kuemper getting harder to move? Not so much due to above, but the Fluery deal.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Who is the Sharks equivalent in this situation? Or do you guys love our players?
The Sharks have been unhatable to me, which made me want to hate them more. Very likable players, awesome uniforms and logo, visiting fans were always really polite. It was frustrating that I couldn't hate a division rival who routinely murdered us on the ice. So yeah IMO no Sharks equivalent to Perry Getzlaf Brown (really the entire Kings roster, f*** them).

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Can't remember the last time I saw a team redo its top 4 D in one offseason quite like Philly has, now bringing in Yandle, Risto, and Ellis.

Reactions: Yandover

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

It was once Mike Ricci. And he did end up coming here briefly, I watched him get smashed in the face with a puck or stick and toss a glove 20 feet in the air as he reached for his face IIRC...so that was entertaining.

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
I honestly don't know what I'd think about having Getzlaf as a Coyote. It'd be like signing Dustin Brown or Corey Perry.
Cory Perry is one of my favorite players. I played like him without the stick handing, skating or goal scoring skills. I was a dick on the ice that usually led my B teams in points and 2 minute penalties.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
It sounds like Krejci is returning to the Bruins so hopefully that shuts down the Dvorak rumors.

Reactions: AZviaNJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad