Around The NHL #8 - A Skate On The Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
What can the Sabres do if Eichel just goes ahead and gets the surgery? Tear up his contract? Yeah right.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I've had a bad disc in my lumbar since I was a teenager. I've always avoided procedures like the plague. Maybe that's the wrong route....hmmm...
Tougher recovery on with the lower back, I believe because it bears more weight. I would encourage anyone to look into artificial disc replacement. I had two level neck ADR and one level fused. The Feds won’t allow more than two ADR levels at this time. Almost went to Germany to get all three levels done.
My only advice would be just to not let it get too bad. I’ve been trying to regain full function in my right arm for better than three years now because of the nerve damage. It got to the point where I couldn’t button my shirt, but the onset of that was remarkably quick, so be careful.
Oddly enough my issues started in low back from a hockey injury at fifteen and worked their way up. Low back is relatively problem free these days - fingers crossed.
Hope whatever you do, or don’t do works for you man, the pain is just a crappy way to live.

Reactions: Summer Rose and rt

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
What can the Sabres do if Eichel just goes ahead and gets the surgery? Tear up his contract? Yeah right.
Stinks that his contract is prohibiting him from calling his own shots about his health. Either way he’ll be at risk. Some risks are worth it i guess. Only a dumb ass like me takes ‘em without making millions :laugh:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Imagine if he goes ahead and gets the surgery and that ends his career. Do you think he will get the rest of his salary?

Reactions: Jakey53

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

I don't know why he thinks it's a stunner. Look, when someone (pro athlete or McDonald's worker) is no longer value-added the organization is going to cut you loose. Eichel's comments don't mean he's not dedicated to the sport, his teammates, or the Sabres, but no one has his interests at heart more than he does.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I don't know why he thinks it's a stunner. Look, when someone (pro athlete or McDonald's worker) is no longer value-added the organization is going to cut you loose. Eichel's comments don't mean he's not dedicated to the sport, his teammates, or the Sabres, but no one has his interests at heart more than he does.
I agree, he needs to look out for himself first, his own well being. That doesn't mean he won't work hard or try to win no matter what. The sabres should have said, here are the options, do what you think is best for you and we will support you period.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'm confused as to how the playoffs work this year, particularly the conference finals. Which divisions are considered east and which are considered west?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Reactions: Mosby

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't think enough people realize how wildly inexperienced Kevyn Adams is for his job. Say what you want about Chayka but at least he had a little time as a AGM to Maloney. Looking at Adams' resume, he was elevated from Sabres' Youth Hockey Supervisor & Sr VP of Business Admin to GM. That's insane.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't think enough people realize how wildly inexperienced Kevyn Adams is for his job. Say what you want about Chayka but at least he had a little time as a AGM to Maloney. Looking at Adams' resume, he was elevated from Sabres' Youth Hockey Supervisor & Sr VP of Business Admin to GM. That's insane.
There is talk JD and Tort's heading to Buffalo.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Strangian

lol.

Speaking of, member how due to her great past reporting, she absolutely HAD to have the goods on the poor Coyotes and it couldn't possibly just be a composite article of every random accusation over a 6 month period thrown together in column form?

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

7c3.jpg

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Funny how the Sabres are a dysfunctional shitshow and there hasn't been one scream for relocation.
They have Owners, they have fans, they have money. If AZ had all 3 there would be no talk here either. You are trying too hard to find similarities that don't exist.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
People were screaming for the Coyotes to pack up the van for Quebec because Bill Armstrong told a reporter to shove it.
Barely, unless you actually fall for online troll bullshit. That's on you. No one has been talking relocation since New Owner with actual money arrived.

Reactions: Jakey53

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
lol.

Speaking of, member how due to her great past reporting, she absolutely HAD to have the goods on the poor Coyotes and it couldn't possibly just be a composite article of every random accusation over a 6 month period thrown together in column form?

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

7c3.jpg

Mel Brooks will get his History Of The World: Part Two out sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad