Around The NHL #8 - A Skate On The Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Is Parros a king? I mean, are disciplinary decisions his and his alone? Is there some type of disciplinary board? Seems like more people should be involved in the decisions.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Probably the correct decision, but only goes to highlight the inconsistency of NHL player safety.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Probably the correct decision, but only goes to highlight the inconsistency of NHL player safety.

Either that…. or as someone on social media pointed out it’s the rules they have to base their decisions on.

Remember that DoPS cited the $5,000 fine was the maximum the CBA allowed for.

JMO but I think DoPS is operating from the unpainted spot on the floor in the room.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
the $5,000 fine was the maximum the CBA allowed for.

True, but Wilson picked up minors for roughing Buchenevich and Panarin. The league took action on the Buch penalty, but not the Panarin one which in my view was much worse and resulted in a season-ending injury for the breadman. Wilson also picked up a 10 game misconduct. Bottom line, I'm pretty sure the CBA allowed for his suspension.

Reactions: Canis Latrans

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I hope Jack can get the help he needs for his neck. After nearly 40 years of neck issues I can say that (in my case) anything other than surgery was a band aid. There is a large faction of experts that claim surgery is a last resort, I believed that for many years and found out it was false.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I hope Jack can get the help he needs for his neck. After nearly 40 years of neck issues I can say that (in my case) anything other than surgery was a band aid. There is a large faction of experts that claim surgery is a last resort, I believed that for many years and found out it was false.

Neck issues are something to take lightly.

Do you remember the player we traded for a few years back that never got to play for us because prior to the trade he’d injured his neck/shoulder region and never recovered from it??

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
That sucks man. I’m glad you got some relief.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
That sucks man. I’m glad you got some relief.
Thanks, me too! :laugh:
seriously though, nearly half a lifetime (hope I don’t go much past 80) of too much pain is not fun. This game can be tough on necks, playing cowboy most likely wasn’t helpful either.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Thanks, me too! :laugh:
seriously though, nearly half a lifetime (hope I don’t go much past 80) of too much pain is not fun. This game can be tough on necks, playing cowboy most likely wasn’t helpful either.
I've had a bad disc in my lumbar since I was a teenager. I've always avoided procedures like the plague. Maybe that's the wrong route....hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad