Around the NHL 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
You would think the NHL would be forward thinking enough to realize that allowing sports betting on its games would invite this type of behaviour. It's why all the other major leagues have commissions and rules in place to prohibit that shit. Dude's going to get himself excommunicated from the NHL at this rate.

I love the guy for the energy he brought to the rink every single day. Dude busted his ass. The circus that follows him makes that effort not worth it. He needs help, not enablers.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
E7pkHWoWQAAOmH-

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
You would think the NHL would be forward thinking enough to realize that allowing sports betting on its games would invite this type of behaviour. It's why all the other major leagues have commissions and rules in place to prohibit that shit. Dude's going to get himself excommunicated from the NHL at this rate.

I love the guy for the energy he brought to the rink every single day. Dude busted his ass. The circus that follows him makes that effort not worth it. He needs help, not enablers.
He’s probably got an over/under on the exact date he’s banned from the league

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't like Evander Kane at all but if he truly is an addict I only wish him the best. I hope he gets, and accepts, the help he needs. Addiction is a beast and I don't wish it on anyone. This is coming from a guy 8 years clean from the sauce. And before anyone says that they are apples and oranges I am going to politely tell you that you are wrong and don't know what you are talking about. Perhaps, instead, just be grateful you are not afflicted.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I don't like Evander Kane at all but if he truly is an addict I only wish him the best. I hope he gets, and accepts, the help he needs. Addiction is a beast and I don't wish it on anyone. This is coming from a guy 8 years clean from the sauce. And before anyone says that they are apples and oranges I am going to politely tell you that you are wrong and don't know what you are talking about. Perhaps, instead, just be grateful you are not afflicted.
Addiction is addiction. It can be devastating in any of its many forms, obviously in different ways.

I don't wish it on anyone. I wonder what happened to Evander growing up? He seems to have a lot of issues.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Okay now that I'm caught up on the news, a few things:

Obviously in my line of work, I'm all too aware of the toll that gambling plays upon people who don't have the willpower to enjoy it responsibly, or at least have the skill set to be the gambling equivalent of a "functioning alcoholic". Whether these allegations are true (and just based on how sketchy the IG account is, I'm putting it at "even money at best" for now) the fact remains that Kane's story is otherwise very typical, save for the fact that (up until now, at least) he's had the money and the enablers to keep it under control.

Having said that, with Kane, it's a bit personal to me. He took to the media and insulted me, y'all, and every single person in the city of Winnipeg, declaring us obvious racists for ever being critical of his personality. Yet year after year since, the evidence grows that Kane is just objectively a bad person with a personality worthy of criticism on its own (de)merits. I have yet to see any reticence from the man about the way he rushed to the bully pulpit, to cover up his own failings by accusing others of worse failings.

And suffice it to say, I have never ONCE seen ANY reticence from Kane about either his gambling, or his clear inability to handle money. In fact, we've seen the opposite. The 'money phone' hubris, the "don't you know who I am?" rich-and-famous schtick that he's been credibly accused of running in bars and restaurants, the whole "rock star" thing. It's a bit like Ric Flair, doing his "Rolex wearing, diamond ring wearing, kiss stealing (WOOOOOOOO!), wheeling dealing, limousine riding, jet flying &c &c &c" schtick when in reality he's flat broke and owes alimony to like 500 women.

So yeah, when the time comes that he says "you know what? I got a gambling problem, and I need someone to help control my finances", then from the bottom of my heart, I will hope for the best for him.

Until then? From the bottom of my heart, I hope that these allegations are true. Every last one. Cause f*** him.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Addiction is addiction. It can be devastating in any of its many forms, obviously in different ways.

I don't wish it on anyone. I wonder what happened to Evander growing up? He seems to have a lot of issues.

Tough call. Sometimes though people really are just assholes. They are wired that way. I've seen really good people come from really bad homes. I've seen really bad people come from really good homes. Which is the case for Evander? I don't know, doubt we ever will.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
The insta account that is ostensibly Kane's wife dropped some more stuff about half an hour ago, this time directly roasting Mara Tiegen (his ex whom, I assume, Kane is accused of sleeping around with). Unsure how much is okay to post due to libel and such, but I THINK I'm safe in posting a link to the insta account? Feel free to edit / delete if not.

https://www.instagram.com/a.kane_/

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Kane is a jackass but I’m genuinely concerned about the path he’s heading down. Hopefully he can turn it around.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Sounds like something an angry wife after too many bottles of wine would post on social media.

Kane needs proper counseling and addictions help. And most likely being surrounded with healthier and positive people. Can just imagine the dirt bags he rolls with currently.

Reactions: hockeyarena

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I always can't help to laugh at Evander Kane when he screws up. Can't even feel bad for him because he's been given so many chances and was given the best opportunities to be better.

But aside from that, he does whatever he can to get out of looking like the bad guy and does gutless things such as using racism up to being the face of standing up for it when in reality he's being the narcissist that he is.

But I mean, Winnipeg basically did a lot for him from how Chipman would take care of him. In Buffalo he should've been fired after that scandal at the club, that's what gets you fired now as opposed to then.

I just hope the last remaining drops of money are endless child support for his kids and that he isn't allowed to see them again.

Other than that I see him trying a boxing career after hockey, or based on the Sports Illustrated shoot he did he's going to try OnlyFans.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The NHL better figure out if he was doing this FAST, if he is who knows how long he's been doing it.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
From my perspective, and from the data I have seen, he checks a lot of boxes of an addict. Only he can call himself that, and if he is what he doesn't need is criticism. In my experience it only pushes one to go further. What he needs is care and strong mentorship.

What is so unfortunately and what gets lost in this is their daughter. The parents have elected to air out laundry publicly, which may be a foundation for shame as that child grows into an adult. The biggest common denominator in addiction is trauma, be it physical, sexual, emotional, or psychological; it is hard enough as a private affair, but when it becomes public record these things will chase the child.

So perhaps to the users here, have some awareness that somewhere down the line this little girl may chose to dig into this fiasco and what will be revealed are some callous comments about both of her parents. I have seen some incredible things in my years helping other addicts and most certainly possible that the person will want to understand the essence of their own traumas. You need to have awareness that your words matter, be it on a hockey forum or not (where do you think they are going to start investigating their past if they choose to do that?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad